Plan to VAFC hack!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

I got a d16z6 in my crx and I was wondering which vafc can or should I run? Can I run the two or should I stick to the one! I was told that a vafc needs knock sensor in order to work, is this true? thanks guys!

Originally posted by gettocrx@Jul 23 2004, 12:25 AM
I got a d16z6 in my crx and I was wondering which vafc can or should I run? Can I run the two or should I stick to the one! I was told that a vafc needs knock sensor in order to work, is this true? thanks guys!
[post=367163]Quoted post[/post]​

VAFC dosen't need a knock sensor. A VAFC will be sufficent to do the original hack and the inverted hack. You will need a VAFCII if you want to make custom boost map instead of making 2 maps for high/low throttle.

Edit: If you want the VTEC map for VTEC, you cant use the VAFCII trick. If it isn't an H or F series, then I have no idea what you engine is or if it is VTEC.

I was told that I won't be able to do the hack with the vafc2 because its made for i-vtec cars. Is this true? whats the difference between the vafc 1 and 2? Can I do the hack with a safc2? what should I do, since vafc1 is so hard to find in shops nowadays?

go to apexi's websuite you should be able to read up about it there, the 2 has nothing to do with beign just for ivtec cars, its just more programmable and more tunable

Originally posted by gettocrx@Jul 25 2004, 06:41 AM
I was told that I won't be able to do the hack with the vafc2 because its made for i-vtec cars. Is this true?
[post=367775]Quoted post[/post]​

No.

You can find VAFC-I and SAFC-I on ebay all over. That's where I sold mine. ("Damn you Daaaaaave!")

vafc2 has nothing to do with ivtec at all. its simply a new gen of the unit with more features, wider tuning increments, and a shitty GUI

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 25 2004, 10:19 PM
vafc2 has nothing to do with ivtec at all. its simply a new gen of the unit with more features, wider tuning increments, and a shitty GUI
[post=368002]Quoted post[/post]​

What's GUI?? Which vafc would you reccomend getting? Thanks!

Originally posted by gettocrx+Jul 28 2004, 05:43 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jul 25 2004, 10:19 PM
vafc2 has nothing to do with ivtec at all.  its simply a new gen of the unit with more features, wider tuning increments, and a shitty GUI
[post=368002]Quoted post[/post]​

What's GUI?? Which vafc would you reccomend getting? Thanks!
[post=369185]Quoted post[/post]​

GUI = graphical user interface

in other words, they tried to make it look pretty, but it turned out gay... kinda like what sony did with the Xplod line.

i'd get the first gen. its cheaper, and is tried and true reliable.

Using a dial sucks. Whoever in Apex'i decided that an analog interface would be cool when trying to adjust fuel curves should be fired.

Back