1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

planning a new build

Discussion in 'Integra' started by boost_me, Nov 27, 2007.

1. boost_me

boost_me honda4life

ok im planning on buying a integra hopefully a 94 and up body style but ill settle for a 90 to 93 if its in good enough shape... im looking to spend around 4500 on the car so it shouldent be too hard to find one... when i get the car i want to build the engine havent really looked in to the internals and things yeat but i have a hp goal of 300 to possible 350 i want to go turbo and i want to keep the b18a/b depending on the year... money really is not an problem the car is more or less going to be a weekend worrier but i want it to be reliable also i have looked every where on hear to find some build threads similar to what im wanting to do but i cant find what im looking for... so if any one could post me a link to something similar to what im looking for i would be thankfull... any comments would be great also and when i get the car the engine will come out with in a week or two and i will start a build thread on it and post pictures and update it with the progress comments please ^_^

2. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

That kind of power should not be very difficult with a B18. I would try to by a 92+ if you can, or convert the 90-91 to OBD1, as the tuning capability of OBD0 isn't very good in comparison. Depending on the condition of the engine I would probably replace the rod bolts & bearings, piston rings, and head bolts with head studs. At that point you should have an engine very capable of making 300+ WHP as long as you have the appropriate tuning...

3. boost_me

boost_me honda4life

ok thanks alot ill look in to the obd0 to obd1 conversion and ill probly replace all the internal with new and tuning is a must i just have to find a good place to have it done i live in nc and tuning shops where i live are few and far apart

4. vtec919si

vtec919si New Member

5. boost_me

boost_me honda4life

ahhh thanks alot thats what i was looking for ^_^

6. vtec919si

vtec919si New Member

i know man thats like the bible of hondas, i highly recomoend hondata, thats wat happend to my baby, no hondata= no car for me, but if ur gonna put pistons, i would go with eagles, a bit pricey but u get ur money worth and more

7. boost_me

boost_me honda4life

yeah ill replace the pistons and rods i looked at some eagles and cp not sure yeat which ones i would like to have if you know any good sites to find good parts post them for me thanks

8. vtec919si

vtec919si New Member

alright, i see ur in pinehurst NC, how fucking lucky r u, i am in raleigh, do u know phantasm in raleigh?? its on capital blvd??? thats where i got all my shit from, pistons to seats to lights, they give u the best shit, and its about 25 to 30% off. and here is a hint, get to know the guy there, the more u know them the more cha ching u save

9. boost_me

boost_me honda4life

ahhh damn man i know that place i havent been their in a while damn i forgot all about that place thank alot ill have to go check it out again

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted