Planning ahead.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FObangah

Im about to put the ol' s2000 up for the winter but I want to get on ordering/planning of parts to get it ready for next spring. Thought I'd get a few opinions on which way to go. Heres what I got so far;

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN

Internals wise I really just want to replace the retainers for security reasons

I want to go FI. I'm thinking turbo kit from GReddy. I like the way it looks and I trust the company name. It just seems right to me. Any suggestions?

Drivetrain wise I'm already rocking the ACT SS disc with the stock pressure plate. Maybe just add the heavier pressure plate with a fresh disk? Flywheel wise, i think keeping the stock one will help keep the boost up. Anyone thats driven the s2000 knows the revs drop quick enough without the exhaust being stunk up. For the rea diff I' still kinda tore. Im thinking either an aftermarket LSD or going balls out and odering the 300zx diff conversion from inlinepro. ( supposed to take 700hp worth of abuse ) Any other ideas?

Looks wise its up in the air. I was thinking top secret front bumper and carbon hood and trunk lid. This is the area I really need ideas.

SUSPENSION
I don't want to screw up Hondas engineering to bad so I don't want to go super coil over kit. Just good springs and nice ajustable shocks, with not aggressive of a drop. What combo you think is gonna be best? Any suggestions about bracing like strut bars and the like?

I'm allready working on the wheels/tires.

Any other ideas throw them out there (stereo, interior parts/ accesories, etc.)

Help me out.

not knowing to many people on HS im not to sure what your goals are. I never park my S2000 as I compete at any or all autox event. If your looking for a good suspension but not looking to go insanely low tein may be for you. If you looking for a stiff spring rate with pretty decent handling reviews go with buddyclub. Ive had several vendors talk me out of the teins and into the buddy clubs because of the stiffness.

additionally koni yellows with ground control seem to be the ultimate setup so I continuously hear. as far as strut towers go the asm one I hear is decent. I do not suggest getting anything from tanabe for the strut tower as they have hood issues at least mine did.

also a front sway bar does alot for oversteer on our cars. have fun!

This thread is a year and a half old.

While your information is good, and your contribution is appreciated, check the dates on the threads.

wow sorry didnt realize the post at the very top was extremely outdated. o well. probably why I strayed away from HS about a year or so ago.

Back