plans for boost - B18 or B16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tork

hey guys been thinking about building a turbo'd b series and cant decide between b16 or b18. my goal is for around 350 possibly 400whp. wanna know your guys thoughts on this. this build is still just in the design stage but it will eventually be going into a del sol

There's 8 different b18's, so you need to be more specific.

any motor will get you there, provided its built to take it.

C1, B1, A1, im not 100% sure thats why im on this site asking??? im looking for a good block to start with. yes i know pretty much any motor is able to reach those goals. which ones would require less to get there? good enough for you "B"....?

b18c1 is your best bet.

the head breathes well, transmission is most appropriately geared, and its not a difficult swap.
350-400whp can be done on stock sleeves reliably, but that all depends on the quality of parts used on the build, and the tune. aftermarket pistons and rods will be necessary.

Not another one....

C1, B1, A1, im not 100% sure thats why im on this site asking??? im looking for a good block to start with. yes i know pretty much any motor is able to reach those goals. which ones would require less to get there? good enough for you "B"....?

You should prally mind your manners when your talkin him. Being as he owns this website.

He was only asking, so he and other cna help you better.

Ima take one shot at this. B18B1's are a dime a dozen. Lower compression to work better with boost. Can hold at the 350HP level if you have solid tune, and the motor was sound to begin with.

EDIT: Matts right. When I read C1 I thought of the Type R. A GSR would also be a very good starting point.

Last edited:
Back