Play Station 2 owners...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

I cant get my play station to read a brand new disk. Is there anyway to repair it? Any idea of what the problem is?

Do you have dust on the laser of the Playstation 2? (If you have a can of air blow some in there)

If that doesn't work then just return the game and just say it doesn't work and you want another one. I bought a game once that didn't work at Best Buy and they replaced it for me without any questions.

Nah, but seriously, ALL of the people that I know have had problems with their playstaion2's. I used to have one, never had a problem with it though becuase I take care of my shit.

Its a common problem with the older playstation2's.

Its only doing it with a few of our newer games though, we'll throw in tiger that is scratched as hell and it works. :shrug2: its weird.

Exact same thing happened to me, and a friend as well. All i did, was blew the ps2 out with canned air, and it worked fine. As for my friend, he used a vacuum. :D

yeah the first playstation2 consoles have a problem reading DVD-Rom's after a while- i think sony will repair it free of charge, but not 100% sure- contact them, since it is a fairly well known problem- the reason is probably still runs the older games is because they are not written in dvd-rom format- at least that's what my playstation 2 junkie friend told me :shrug2:

hmm my ps2 is a year and 4 months old and i haven't had a single problem with it... and i never cleaned or messed with it.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 28 2004, 05:20 PM
hmm my ps2 is a year and 4 months old and i haven't had a single problem with it... and i never cleaned or messed with it.

Did you get your's for christmas '02.

Originally posted by xyswany@Apr 28 2004, 04:03 PM
I cant get my play station to read a brand new disk. Is there anyway to repair it? Any idea of what the problem is?

check out this article:

--> linky <--

it might help you out :)

got mine about a month after they came out... not one problem. And you say buy an xbox LOL. xbox = lose

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Apr 28 2004, 07:22 PM-->
revolution8k
@Apr 28 2004, 05:20 PM

Did you get your's for christmas '02.

I bought it 3 days before christmas of 02 with my Meijer gift certificates, yes. :D

Pretty much everything I have, I bought. My computer, tv, dvd, ps1, ps2, tape player, car. Yeah...

Back