Play Station Network (PSN) DOWN!!!

What side are you on?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anonymous is a bunch of neck bearded retards that think they speak for the world in what would be funny or awesome.

They've tried attacking our infrastructure at my office before and we flick them off our shoulder the like the shit eating flies they are.

It's retarded to be on their side, their actions have caused everyone a lot of grief of a holiday weekend for no reason than their own amusement. If you want to read the 'manifesto' for this attack be my guest:

Anonymous Suspends Attacks on PlayStation Network | GamePolitics

If you don't think those are the words of children I'd love to know what color the sky is on your world. If you're going to make a statement to the world about why your actions are indeed righteous, try choosing your words a bit better.

'Their propaganda regarding jailbreaking implies that it encourages piracy and thereby makes people lose their jobs, whereas jailbreaking actually just means you are making YOUR device do what it should do. Imagine if Microsoft forced you to use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox or Chrome. Imagine if they denied users from using any other web browser than their own. Many people would obviously be pissed... but then, why aren't you pissed at Sony? '

That just seems a little juvenile to me. While yes, I agree jail breaking should be well within your rights. I also believe the manufacturer is well within their rights to refuse service on a device that is modified outside of the normal working parameters.

This won't be solved by Sony. This will only be solved by a court decision that won't sit in appeals for the next hundred years. It's in the company's best interest for their hardware to only perform the actions that they want it to and how they want it to. This way Sony can manage exactly what kind of experience a user will have with their product and avoid the negative backlash from people who have essentially broken their machines.

Sony isn't doing anything illegal, Anonymous is. It's pretty simple. If they want to jailbreak their systems the law protects them (implicitly, and not explicitly, unfortunately). If Sony wants to push an update that makes their system more difficult to crack, that's also well within their rights and well within the jailbreakers right to crack that too.

I don't know why there's even a discussion on this. The above statement is coming from a Linux admin and a proponent of free software and free distribution of knowledge, but this country flourishes due to the development of closed source software and proprietary hardware and to ignore that fact is just ignorant.

:werd: + rep

Any legit points that they may have are negated by their juvenile rhetoric and actions...

I have had my 360 for about 4.5 years and have not had a rrod yet. I don't know if it matters, but I have always had it standing on its side. I need to go knock on some wood now.

Yes, I think that does help quite a bit...

I have had my 360 for about 4.5 years and have not had a rrod yet. I don't know if it matters, but I have always had it standing on its side. I need to go knock on some wood now.

The problem with standing up your xbox is that there is always a chance it will scrach your discs. This has happened to a couple friends of mine, and people in the know will tell you as much.

If you have an old xbox and want to protect it get yourself a push switch, an AC plug, and a 4" CPU fan. Some soldering, a little electrical tape, some adhesive rubber foam strips on the bottom for feet, and BOOM, serious piggybacked cooling. I made mine two years ago and haven't had a problem since. Before that I was lucky if I could get 14 months without the RROD.

^^^I have never had an issue with scratched discs, so until I do I will save the cash and the time. I think that I have gotten my moneys worth out of this machine. I have logged thousands of hours on it, so if it goes bad now I wont be too upset.

I just want to play zombies....

Because of these shitbirds I can't, therefor upon meeting any of said shitbirds "IRL" will result in a punch to the face

I had a disc scratched by Xbox while on its side...though it was because I bumped it. I have it in a safer location and no problems since.

I could care less, we have had nice weather in my neck of the woods and I would much rather be outside than playing video games, wouldnt bother me if it ever came back on.

Think we had a 98 degree day today.

Hot as bawls.

So apparently user info was stolen, to the tune of 77million names, usernames, passwords, address, date of birth. They are not sure if credit card info was stolen at this time.
Fuck you first strike map pack.

I'm so glad I went with the prepaid xbox live card.

So apparently user info was stolen, to the tune of 77million names, usernames, passwords, address, date of birth. They are not sure if credit card info was stolen at this time.
Fuck you first strike map pack.

I'm so glad I went with the prepaid xbox live card.

You can also get prepaid psn cards, just an fyi

well they've known it was an intrusion for quite some time. probably going back through the bin logs, history snapshots, etc to find out what commands were executed and what data may have been accessed.

i think they knew for a hot minute before they let the public know
but i don't trust any corporation further than i can throw em

or.......
second thought
it was just a DOS attack and they are claiming anon stole 77million user account information to really put the spin on their side?
but its not fairing well for them since they waited so long

I'm always weary of companies when these types of breaches happen. I mean at least every one knows now and that's important.

Back