1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, a simple answer...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by bigarv65, May 7, 2007.

1. bigarv65

bigarv65 New Member

The head blew on my 87 crx si, and I plan to replace the engine with an 86-87 integra d16a1, wanting to keep things as simple as possible.

I haven't swapped liked this before so I'm a little iffy, even after sorting through endless threads.

Time is not on my side (this is my daily driver) and I need to know exactly what I will need from the teg to make it work. Understandably, the engine and ECU. What else, and what's the biggest thing to look out for during the swap. (IE: The hood hits the valve cover, etc) Do I need the exhaust manifold from the teg? Much fabrication to get it to mate to the crx pipe? Engine mounts stock?

Thank you for helping. This is my baby, and I want to get it right the first time.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

if time is a issue, just swap in another of the same motor..

3. bigarv65

bigarv65 New Member

Yes, but if I'm going to the trouble and expense, may as well do the easiest HP upgrade I can. What I'm hoping is that there isn't that much in the fabrication dept. with the swap I intend.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

well, i'm sure you'd need to make custom mounts to drop a b16 in there.. you could do a d16a1

5. bigarv65

bigarv65 New Member

Yeah I already fixed the post, caught that error earlier. Sorry. With that knowledge in now in hand, um...

6. bigarv65

bigarv65 New Member

So, really, an answer from someone please. Will the 87 teg browntop bolt onto the stock 87 crx si tranny, and do I need the teg manifold? Other than the ecm, what else do I need to bring over?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted