1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please delete

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by josuedc2, Oct 25, 2011.

1. josuedc2

josuedc2 Senior Member

I have an em1, two weeks ago, i finished rebuilding my engine with rs ctr pistons, arp head studs,arp rod bolts,cometic headgasket, gates timming belt, oem water pump, new belt tensioner. The car started right up, it was running hard and strong. but the cam seals were leaking oil, so I replaced them, while replacing the seals I decided to retorque the head(80lbs), then I put everything back together, changed the oil and cranked it, it turn on and turned off, checked timmimg and its good, so I keep cranking it and wont turn on, when it does it turns back off, when it turns on and I hit the gas the car stalls, or it bogs to rev. I checked timming 4 times and replaced cap,rotor,wires, plugs and tried a diffrent coil. Still doing the samething, and when I get it to run it drives like if it was out of time, slow. Vtec does kick in but the car is slow and keeps stalling. I need help please. here is a video i made, the rumbuling noise is the plate ,its loose. 2000 civic si idle problem - YouTube every opinnion will be consider, thank you

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I watched the video

Any Engine Codes??

At first I was thinking it was a fuel issue

And then I thought you might have the timing belt a little too loose and it jumped a tooth (when it was running hard and strong).

Check the situation with the two cam gears lining up next to one another and with the bottom end (#1 @ TDC).
    I would even double check its TDC with a long skinny screwdriver rested on the #1 piston (w/spark plug taken out to get down there).
    When you turn the crank bolt, the highest point is your spot.

With that said.....you may also have a fuel issue too (main relay, fuel filter, fuel pump)
    But I do not know those particulars about your car.

I believe you can rule out any issue with the electrical :shrug:

3. josuedc2

josuedc2 Senior Member

It only has o2 sensor bank1. I have the timmimg set to cylinder one at the highest point, and the cams at 12 o clock each of them. there is gas, no electrical problems at all.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

So it was running fine after the rebuild, then you changed the cam seals, and now it runs like shit? IMO you have a vacuum problem. Something you forgot to plug back in, or plugged in wrong, or a sensor that's not plugged in.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. josuedc2

josuedc2 Senior Member

I Fix it, the timing on the cams was at the wrong 12o clock. I was setting it to the 12 o clock according how the engine sits on the bay, not the actual 12 o clock of the engine it self. Thanks cafrog and 92b16vx.

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Any reason to delete? Other people might find good info in your thread.

7. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Always use the hash marks to put the intake at 9am and exhaust at 3am and they shoudl line up together (next to one another) The "Up" can be deceiving.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted