please help! 91 CRX Si, b16a not getting spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bsixteened91

hey guys i have a 91 hf and a 91 si. the b16 was in the hf, running perfectly no ignition problems. i swapped the b16 into the si and now i get no spark whatsoever. everything else works fine. we took the d16 out of the si and put it into the hf and it is having the exact same problem. both cars ran perfectly before swapping. i did a search on the site and couldnt find any answers so if you guys could give me some info it would be greatly appreciated. i have already checked all fuses and wiring. everything is good and connected. how do i test if my dizzy is getting power?

Pull out a spark plug and place it on something metal under the hood to ground it out. Have someone see if it sparks when you try to crank the car. And be careful because electricity can be nasty.

did you wire brush your spark plugs becuse mine got all carboned and would not start, but i am sure you would have known this! but sorry dude if it had something to do with no fuel i could help you becuse thats what happen to mine i was not getting fuel! but i never ran into the problem you are having! Good luck wish i could have helped

hey guys, sorry i've been offline for a while. no access to a computer. thanks for all the info but we got it figured out. when we swapped engines between cars we left the wiring harnesses with the engines. that was a mistake i didnt even think about! so the si engine harness was trying to work with the hf chassis harness and the hf engine harness was trying to work with the si chassis harness. after checking a few wires they obviously werent jiving, so we swapped engine harnesses and they fired right up!!

haha alright dude nice i was going to say something to that extent but i didnt think you would do a thing like that haha but ya good job!! enjoy that b16 cuz i know i am!!

yeah i felt like a complete tard! but thats ok, you learn best from your own mistakes right! i've been into mechanics for a long time now but mostly in the off-road part of things. the whole honda thing is fairly new to me and i've learned alot in the last year or so. i'm lovin it though!

ya dude me to i use to be into fourwheelers hard core but now its like all honda but i plan to be expanding on to nissan and get into the drifting seen honda needs to come up with some RWD cars besides the s2000 it needs more torqud!!
i almost bought a 240sx yesterday for 800 bucks it had a spun rod but the body was all dented! but ya anyways dont know why i am saying all this! haha^_^

Back