PLease help!! : Axels with or w/out ABS??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FrescoBlue

Hi,

I just put a F22a1 (Prelude 92 S) engine in my 93 DX Hatch . Everything is fine except I have a problem with the driver's side axle.

Do I need one that come from an ABS 90-93 Integra or no ABS? It seems like the one I bought (without ABS) is too long. But the passenger one is ok (and I don't know if it comes from an ABS integra)

Please help me! (It's the only thing I have to fix to drive my car)

Thanks

Simon

Integra axles are the same length whether they are ABS or non-ABS. I have a 95 Civic with a B16 and when the original swap was done, I had a pair of used of 93 ABS Integra axles. I replaced them when I put in a new clutch with 93 non-ABS and they fit exactly the same.

Hum..Maybe you are right, but why is there 2 different part number? There must be a difference somewhere.
Anyone?

*Edit*

I just caled the dealer. The axles are the same except for a ring that comes for the ABS.

Si I guess my problem is not there :(

Thanks sims3217 for your reply.

The only difference between the ABS and the non ABS axles is that the ABS ones comes with a grooved outer ring so that the wheel sensor on cars with ABS can sense movements and send signals to the ECU to lock or no lock. I might suggest you try using the axles off of the '90-'93 Accord, I might be wrong but go to your local auto parts store and compare that with your Integar axles. Good luck!

JUST WANTED TO SAY I PUT ABS AXLES ON MY 94 INTEGRA AND THE DAMN THING POP OUT. I WENT AND BOUGHT THE RIGHT AXLE NON ABS AND THE THING IS FINE NOW. :worthy:

Back