PLEASE HELP!!! Can't get Shift Linkage Off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I think I expanded the "bitch pin" trying to take it out? How do I get it out? I got a punch and I hit it hard...a lot and it still wont come out (its 5/16" punch, sears doesn't have any metric punches, its REALLY damn close)? Any tips? Your help would be greatly appreciated...

ps. Yes, i did do a search and couldn't findanything thats why i'm starting a new thread

Take it out when it is out of the car. In civics and in integra's, you can remove the engine with the one part of the linkage still attached. Just remove it from all the other points, then remove it when it is out of the car. It is so much easier that way because you have room to swing a hammer.

just for advice to people really hitting it hard---my car the "bitch pin" was more than a "bitch" the pin wouldnt come out. so i took someones advice and hit it harder and harder. I finally took the engine out of my car with the shift linkage still connceted to the tranny. and all that banging bent the shaft going into the tranny. we ended up grinding the linkage off and grinded the end off and welding a single cam linkage end to mine. just some advice to not go slamming on it. honda makes a tool to remove it.

Back