please help car wont start dont no why?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why he needs to figure out which cylinder is misfiring. From there we can figure out why that one cylinder is misfiring (fouled plug, bad injector, bad distributor/plug wire...)

DUDE, IF YOU'VE BEEN READING THIS THREAD, IT'S NOT FLUID ON A PLUG, IT'S FLUID ON "THE PLUGS", SO CHECKING TO SEE WHICH PIPE IS LESS HOT THAN THE OTHERS WON'T MATTER IF THEIR ALL MISFIRING.

DUDE, IF YOU'VE BEEN READING THIS THREAD, IT'S NOT FLUID ON A PLUG, IT'S FLUID ON "THE PLUGS", SO CHECKING TO SEE WHICH PIPE IS LESS HOT THAN THE OTHERS WON'T MATTER IF THEIR ALL MISFIRING.

Easy now...

First the fluid could be from cranking the motor without it starting if it's gas.

Also, with the honda valve cover design, oil tends to pool up around the plugs anyways. I'm not convinced that he just didn't have oil from there leak down onto the threads of the spark plug when he removed them from the head.

It would also help to know if it was rough at idle or rough all of the time

jezz i missed a lot thanks guys, it turns out the plugs have oily substance on then, and my cold air intake huffs alot, when i turn the car off it gives off one last big HUFF and if one tube is cold on the mani, then would a new dizzy do the trick?

It could. If I were you , I would replace the distributor cap, rotor, and a new set of regular NGK plugs wouldn't hurt either. Plug wires if you are in the mood.

Shouldn't be too expensive... $20-25

If you want to be absolutely sure, you could put the spark plug into the spark plug wire and rest it somewhere on the valve cover so that the metal part of the plug is touching something metal and grounded out. Then crank over the motor and look for a spark. If you don't see any, then a new distributor cap and rotor should fix it.

Easy now...

First the fluid could be from cranking the motor without it starting if it's gas.

Also, with the honda valve cover design, oil tends to pool up around the plugs anyways. I'm not convinced that he just didn't have oil from there leak down onto the threads of the spark plug when he removed them from the head.

It would also help to know if it was rough at idle or rough all of the time

Don't misunderstand me dude, but there are a second set of o-rings, in the cylinder head at the bottom of spark plug tube, that goes between the head and tube, that leak from these engines.

Don't misunderstand me dude, but there are a second set of o-rings, in the cylinder head at the bottom of spark plug tube, that goes between the head and tube, that leak from these engines.

No misunderstanding, I got all of that.

You told (shouted) that because there was fluid on all cylinders that ALL of the cylinders must be misfiring. I said that the oil was probably irrelevant because oil pools up around the spark plugs anyways.

Then you preceded to tell me why I'm right... which I already knew since I obviously posted it...

Now if you don't mind, can I continue to help him?

yes please continue,

ok so guys tell me if i should replace all these things in the next few days

1. new radiator(mines shot)
2. main reley
3. new plug wires
4. whole new distributor set up(124.99???ebay???)
5.??????anything else guys?

thanks!

i have no problem with fixing that, but idk if it will do the trick/

one more question is the huffing sound becasue of the bad distributor guys?????

Don't replace the whole distributer yet. Just try the cap and rotor.

yes please continue,

ok so guys tell me if i should replace all these things in the next few days

1. new radiator(mines shot)
2. main reley
3. new plug wires
4. whole new distributor set up(124.99???ebay???)
5.??????anything else guys?

thanks!

91- almost all of these questions have already been answered, the most frustarating thing about working with you is that we have to repeat the SAME thing many times, often in the same words.

You don't need to replace the main relay, the car is having a spark problem.

Also, what is actually wrong with your radiator, you say it is shot, but what does that actually mean.

I said exactly what you should replace to fix the idle problem... please read, I'll post agian

caboose said:
If I were you , I would replace the distributor cap, rotor, and a new set of regular NGK plugs wouldn't hurt either. Plug wires if you are in the mood.

Shouldn't be too expensive... $20-25

So here is what you should do right now:

1. Buy a new rotor and distributor CAP (NOT SYSTEM!!!) the cap is just the plastic top of it. the rotor goes underneath
2. I would get new spark plugs, just regular NGK (about $8 for four). It is possible that one could have already gone bad.
3. If you have the money, I would do spark plugs wires too, you could have a corroded one with a bad end or something.

That's it for now. Do that and see how it all runs. You can get these at Autozone or where ever, don't need to order them.

Huffing, just like the sound of air? Probably just normal. You don't have one of those slinky style ones do you?

My car made a huffing sound when i put on a cone filter. It would huff when i revved the engine.

k thanks guy sill start with those items and c how it goes,

yah my cold air intake its just a stock intake with a big filter on the end, it huffs a lot and seems to be messed up? idk why tho could it have somethign to do with the timing?

No, probably not... timing is probably fine. If it bothers you so much, switch back to stock!

Get it fixed first...

And what is wrong with the radiator

the radiator is tore up leaks antifreze tech mssing, i already ordered a new one so i will install that reall qucik that sghould help cool everything down i bet

hey guys i got a ton of more good info i just learn from taking a few thigns apart

1. my "slinky" cold air intake hose is full of ioly substance??? what does this mean??

2. brand new bosh platniums plugs are all full i mean full of oil and are looking tore up....

3. distriutor looks in ok shape not sure

can we get any answers for this stuff guys????

thanks

I think you taking your valve cover off may have had something to do with the oil in the plugs. did you have that problem before?

Just be certian the oil is near the electrode underneath the threads before saying they're bad(fouled). As stated from fellow memebers, oil on the top of the plug (above the threads) does not indicate they are bad. Chances are when you pulled your valve cover you did not re seat the valve cover gasket correctly and/or you did not replace it when you put it back on.Thats like re using a condom.(NASTY!) You continuously say idk. Hire an experienced tech do the repairs on your car, so he can say "ik" (I know).. If you have money to blow on replacing all those parts you have money to hire somebody that knows what they are doing. Just a thought for ya buddy.

By the way how did you end up with rep power? Your knowledge seems very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back