please help, car won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know its long but bear with me.

i have a 94 civic ex w/ D16z6 motor, automatic, it is a california car, it has been sitting for 2 1/2 years, i jumped it a couple of weeks ago to get it in the gayrage, it started fine, i put all the interior back in it and i was really pissed off about the factory alarm going off in my face when i jumped it, so i ripped the biotch out, in the mean time i replaced all my grounds and positives under the hood with 4 and 2 ga. wiring, and put a new batt. the main reason for the wire was the positive side was too stretched out and i could pull it off the post, but i did them all so it would look nice, and thats just me. now the little shit won't start, so today i went and bought a starter, cuz i heard the "click click", and that didnt work, so now i think it might have something to do with the alarm brain i took out, maybe it had starter kill and somehow i need to find that wire and reconnect it, but the brain is long gone and i havent a clue of what to do.

any addvice would be much appreciated :worthy:

thank you,

mike

ok, so what happens when you rturn they key?

does it feel like a dead battery? won't crank? tries to crank?

i has an alarm with starter kill and ripped it out. no problem -no brain then it can short the wire out! unless who ever did the install ran the wire through a relay plug ur brain back in reset it - it wont be armed and it wont go off -it has been"reset" restart ur car .. narrows that problem down if it is that unless u cut it out !

there is an orangeish brown plug under the dash that one of the wires from the relay plugs into i also removed the button and brain, they are both gone, i didnt save them.

i will try these things you mentioned and see if they work, if not i will be back, i wish i would have saved the brain and button :angry:

thank you for the help

mike

p.s. when i turn the key, it clicks like the starter is bad, there is a click from the relay under the dash and also a relay in my fuse box under the hood next to the battery also clicks, but the small wire on the starter (ignition wire) is not getting power, but my starter did not work when i hard wired it, but it did work after the rebuild, so this is why i thought it was from removing the alarm, ugh what a nightmare :(

Originally posted by Next_Level@Dec 4 2004, 04:17 AM
there is an orangeish brown plug under the dash that one of the wires from the relay plugs into i also removed the button and brain, they are both gone, i didnt save them.

i will try these things you mentioned and see if they work, if not i will be back, i wish i would have saved the brain and button :angry:

thank you for the help

mike

p.s. when i turn the key, it clicks like the starter is bad, there is a click from the relay under the dash and also a relay in my fuse box under the hood next to the battery also clicks, but the small wire on the starter (ignition wire) is not getting power, but my starter did not work when i hard wired it, but it did work after the rebuild, so this is why i thought it was from removing the alarm, ugh what a nightmare :(
[post=426217]Quoted post[/post]​

sounds like it could be one of 2 things or maybe even both...maybe when you replaced all the wire you left something that is constantly drawing power and is killing your battery or you didn't put all your grounds back correctly and/or not good enough. your starter is fine. when it comes to shit like this you have to KISS it...Keep It Simple, Stupid.

well, i want to thank everyone for your help, i did fix it, what happend was the relay for the starter kill was still installed, the relay had a red wire and a white wire pluged into it, and an orange wire going to the brain witch i had cut, i traced the red and the white back under the dash and found that both were butt connected to a black with white stripe, so i figured if a removed the relay and connected the two together it would work, and son of a gun, what do ya know , it cranked, :D but i think i am going to add a button or switch to it and another to my fuel pump so that i can hide them and use them as a theft deturent, when i park just turn them off so the fuel and starter wont work.

thank you again for the help guys .

mike

Back