please help! engine swap trans problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

carylight

Ok so I just swapped a d15b7 for a d16z6 in my 1995 civic automatic. I swapped the motor onto the origional trans because the trans had no problems. The swap went well, engine runs great. The problem is that the trans now shifts very poorly, the fluid is right and I had no previous problems. Do I need a different trans to match the engine? Any body have any suggestions? I also ran the wires for the vtec and im not sure if thats working. If it isnt working does that have an effect on the trans? Please help a rookie out. Thanks :)

if your p28 isn't for an automatic, then your tranny won't shift properly.

if your p28 isn't for an automatic, then your tranny won't shift properly.

agreed... whats the last 3 digits on the side of the ecu?

92-5 ECUs (P28, P30, P61, P72, P91, P08)
5spd = 000, 001, 002, 003, A00, A01, A02, C00, C01, C02, J00, J01, J02, G00, G01
Auto = J50, J51, 901, 902, C50, C51, C52, A50, A51, A52, L50, L51, G51

from the patterns we can learn the following:
first letter = country of orgin
J = Japan
C= Canada
A=USA
G=Europe
second digit, if 5, 7, 9 then ecu is auto usually
third digit denotes the version/variation

Last edited:
eg6sir you da man!!You know your stuff. Soo your car came with a factory b7 auto non-vtec, and you swapped for a z6(good choice btw i hate y7/y8's) and ran the vtec.Its pretty easy to configure.The donor z6 car was a stick and he gave you the manual ecu.Try your factory ecu and see wll that solve your troubles.No vtec for the time being,but its easier on your trans ;)

it is very simple to adjust the cable.But at the same time it is very finiky!! My father is having trouble with his.

Back