PLEASE HELP it is very cold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

itsn't the easiest way to do it is by opening the radiator cap and letting the car warm up with the heat on and let the air flow? i know the screw is on the therm hosing, i never done it that way because i can never tell when the air is out, but i am not a pro (yet...lol) just my .02

Originally posted by depash@Dec 22 2004, 09:26 AM
Ok here is something else I noticed the top rad hose(the one coming from the engine) is very hot, and the one on the bottom(going into the engine) was cold as ice and never got warm even at idle.

Sounds to me like it could also just be a clogged radiator. If the top hose is getting hot then obviously the coolant is getting past the thermostat somewhat. If the top going into the radiator is hot and the bottom leaving the radiator is cold then there seems to be no travel of the coolant in the radiator. This would also account for the engine overheating. You can try disconnecting the hose from the top and the bottom and taking a garden hose and putting it in the top hole. If water comes out the bottom the radiator is fine. If it backs up or doesn't flow at all you know it is the radiator. Better to try that before you take it to someone

Thanks for all your help guys. I bought an oem honda thermo and it is all fixed now. So 3 bad advance auto thermos and 1 good oem one later i have heat.

I had a similar experience, I bought a thermostat at NAPA, and it did not work, so I took it back. And the replacement one worked.

Thanks for all your help guys. I bought an oem honda thermo and it is all fixed now. So 3 bad advance auto thermos and 1 good oem one later i have heat.

wow, thanks for posting how you fixed the problem so others can learn from this...

and thats amazing that you got 3 bad thermo's... did you change your installation procedure at all?

and to civiclxb16, opening the bleeder while filling your coolant system makes the air removal process much easier and faster... but whatever works for you...

I installed all of them the same way. The oem one is just better I guess. Now I have great heat again. and once again thanks for all your help guys.

BTW i never did kick the car. Although I wanted to at times.

Ive got 2 thermostats from advance for my car that were bad, and 3 for my truck from there that were bad. Its not so bad changing them on my car, but my truck I gotta take all kinds of shit apart and its a pain in the ass. Advance sucks, and their employees have no idea what they are talking about. I asked for a muffler bearing grease, and they said, I think its down isle 8.( i asked for this after I took the third thermostat back, and was very pissed) dumb asses.....
and I have a B16A2, and it does not have a bleeder valve. my old B18A1 did, and my brothers GSR has one.
pep boys is awesome, I like lifetime warrantys on stuff I break frequently(alternators, starters, etc...) and they sell NAWWWSSSSS

lol i can agree with that i went there to get a belt(advance) and i told the kid it came out of a delsol and he owns and hooks up his 96 civic and he told me that the del sol never had a b16 in it and i laughed at him so hard it was not even funny, and then i told him ok it was in a 95 civic siR and he said he never heard of it, but the sad part is i always buy my shit from advance auto even tho half the time they don't know shit there. but i am glad you got your car to get heat now if i can get me to get heat i would be happy..lol it is just a radiator hose leak that i can't reach but it has been to cold to go out there and play with it...lol good luck man enjoy the heat :p

Ha,Ha, Glad it worked for you also,I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Back