Please Help Me 92 Civic Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DJSIRE

i have a 92 civic dx(sohc)(non-vtec). i need to know if i can swap in a b18c1 with axles and ecu. or do i need the tranny also? (i read that you dont and do?) also if possible what engine can i use to replace my d15b7 wihtout having to swap my tranny ect. i am doing this on a 2k budget. i have been informed taht a d16 sohc vtec is possible but it only yeilds 125 hp. i would really like to do the b18c1 or b16a3 whichever is in my budget. please help

Neither B series is really within your budget,unless you can score a junkyard deal (my favorite).You have the use a B series tranny on a B series motor so no you can't use your tranny.The D16Z6 is a decent little motor.But if you feel you're going to want more power in the future save the money and at least g with a B18B.

you just might be able to do a B16 swap with 2 grand. i got my B16 for $1800, and it was a complete changeover. i had to drive hella far and jump through a lot of loops but i got it. by swapping it in myself i saved a lot of money. at the end, with all the little small parts i had to buy here and there, replace the axle i broke, and all the fluids and oil i went through i spent about $2200-2300. not too bad.
just look hard and wide and be patient cuz you might be able to come up on a deal. just remember that you will need to do the swap yourself in order to be near your budget. like the other guys said, you can't use your stock stuff(tranny, axles, etc.). all of it has to be from a B-series motor.

where do you live? cuz if you live in SoCal i might be able to point you in the right direction.

rsaeini ... im wondering if that was a first or second gen.. b16 ... i've been doing my research on this ...and i think its not possible to find a b16 2nd gen motor for with all the extras for 2300 .... so which is it????

Originally posted by sake@Apr 14 2003, 11:26 PM
... i've been doing my research on this ...and i think its not possible to find a b16 2nd gen motor for with all the extras for 2300 .... so which is it????

Research further,or just look here.

Originally posted by sake@Apr 14 2003, 02:26 PM
rsaeini ... im wondering if that was a first or second gen.. b16 ... i've been doing my research on this ...and i think its not possible to find a b16 2nd gen motor for with all the extras for 2300 .... so which is it????

it's a B16A2 out of a '96 Del Sol Vtec.

a shop will put a gen-2 B16 in your car for under 3K, in case you don't know that includes all parts and labor.
what makes you think you can't find the change-over for less than 2K?

Originally posted by rsaeini+Apr 14 2003, 05:46 PM-->
@Apr 14 2003, 02:26 PM

If it's a B16A2 it's not from a sol VTEC, It's from a 99-00 Si.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 14 2003, 05:46 PM

uhh. the del sol vtec is a b16a3. the b16a2 is the 99-00 civic si engine

edit: beat me to it truggiero, lol

Back