please help me with insurance question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordwithwork

kid that everyone loves!
ok so as many of u guys no im 15 going to be 16 on sep 2. with a 91 accord that i love

so i wanted to get some liability insurance on it and the guys told my dad it will cost 350.00 to start up the new policy plus around 165.00 a month for me....?????

im liek wtf? is that not a lot?

i cannnot afford that please guys help me and tell me what to do

thanks!

get an afterschool part time job to help your pops pay for it... it'll get a little cheaper the longer you go without a ticket/accident (so keep that in mind when you pull up next to some punk reving his engine at a redlight)

ok ok thanks guys what do u guys pay?

any companys i should contact that are good????

It's going to be expensive no matter what company you go to at 16.

See if your dad will add you onto his policy. Might be a little cheaper than your own policy.

At 17 years old, I had several speeding tickets under my belt. My insurance, liability only on a piece of shit car was $380 a month.. Yes I shopped around, Every other company in the USA told me to shove it, and just plain "no". May that be a warning to you when you feel like you need to speed from point a to point b.

Anyhow, yeah, thats about the best you're going to see for a couple of years. Keep your record clean, drive safe, and you'll see those numbers drop every year.

I am now 28 years old, have full coverage on two cars and a crotch rocket, with the wife on the policy as well, "good driver" discount, 4 years ticket free for both of us.. And I pay less than $100 a month. This is for a jeep, an acura, and a cbr 1000rr.

You wanna hear a high insurance quote? call up at the age of 16 and ask for a quote, full coverage, on a cbr 1000rr. If the person on the phone doesn't die of laughter, they'll quote you like $1200 a month.

You wanna hear a high insurance quote? call up at the age of 16 and ask for a quote, full coverage, on a cbr 1000rr. If the person on the phone doesn't die of laughter, they'll quote you like $1200 a month.

Uhm, that's just for collision.

It's going to be expensive no matter what company you go to at 16.

See if your dad will add you onto his policy. Might be a little cheaper than your own policy.

I can vouche for that. I'm 18, have 2 cars, 2 accidents and 2 tickets. Take a guess what i've been quoted. I'll give you a hint. In 2 months, i've paid more than both the cars are worth.

On my parents' policy i'm paying like, 370 every six months. My lebaron's a "classic" so it's only 70 every 6 months. My ranger is newer, and a truck, so it's 300 every six months.

We have nationwide, and they're getting tons of discounts for being with them 30 years and having the house insured with them and other stuff.

Keep up your grades. There's good student discounts.

165/mo isn't bad, but it's still high.

I pay 200/mo for full collision on my civic. But that's in Europe.

i have one wreck under my belt with a 97 honda accord se and i only pay 121.98 a month for full coverage :)

ok ok ok thank you guys so much for all the info i will just have to save up i guess????

the thing i hate is that ii have to come up with 350.00 to "staart" the policy i guess/???

thats the cash that ima have ttrouble wiht coming up

but thanks to all!

i have a 94 civic. ha. not that it's gunna be the same. but i have full coverage and i pay 40 a month thru progressive. it was like a hundred to start.

i'm so terrified of getting my own insurance...

Even safe auto quoted me an arm and a leg

User Control Panel said:
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

There you have it

Back