please help me with my rpm gauge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottybyo

i have a 99 honda civic si . just rebiult the motor with a b18ls bor out to 81 1/5 with b16b pistons , and a msd coil and a type r ecu , but my rpm gauge is giveing me probs sometimes it works sometimes it dosent when i start it up it will work for alittle but if i push the breaks it goes down to 0 . but when it dose work and when i get on it , it will go up to 5500 thats when vtec kicks in and it will just go down to 0 and not work but the motor keeps going but dosent seem to have much power everything is changed to obd1 so it could be tuned but i cant tune it past 55 cause the rpm shut off and i dont know what its at any clue could help ,

i did in the back i took the dash all apart and id move the wires around then it would work but then when id go to drive it , it would eather go up to 5500 rmp and just go back down or when i didnt it that high id push in the break and it would go down , and it is tuned but not a real good one its seems like it just makes no power after vtec ,

tuned on a dyno? or tuned on the street?

check the wires on the dizzy its self.

tuned on the street , im going to take it to a dyno after i fix this prob . i had a wideband hocked up to it and the wideband cut out after 55 when vtec hits wtec still comes on but just dosent pull like it should feels like it just makes the sound , and the dizzy is fine

Back