please help me!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ivanB16

i have ab16 del sol vtec with ctr pistons,cams, port and polish head,jdm itr injectors ,recently(when i put the CTR parts) i got codes #8 and#15 and mi engine doesnt hold at low rpms and it just turn off, plus when vteck kicks in it just starts to throw huge black smoke and gets stuck in 6000rpms(mi vtec crossover is at 5900) for a while then slowly goes up thil 7000rpms where it becames normal again,i thinked that it was timing so i tried to advance timing and it doesnt do anithing, it just get stuck at one specific point if i advance or reterd it just turns off, i checked the wiring for the distributor and all looked fine so i just thinked that it must be the distributor(cause of the codes) so to be sure i borrow one from a friends car that is runing perfectly and nothing happened still haved the problem,im just getting crzy with this fucking problem if someone knows wath could be causing it please tell me. :worthy: :worthy: THanks

Originally posted by ivanB16@Dec 28 2003, 06:00 PM
can anyone help me???

Not to be a dick, but you could have figured this out yourself had you spent 5 minutes searching....

8 TDC Sensor (Top Dead Center) defective circuit or unplugged
defective sensor

15 Ignition Output Signal missing or defective ignition output signal

You either have wiring issues, or you did not install the cams properly and you are off 1-3 teeth on the timing belt, OR your ignitor is toast.

I would start with checking the belt.

Back