please help me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josuedc2

ok,vtec maniacs,I have a 97 civic with jdm b16,im having problems with my tranny,on third gear and about more than 5k rpm.the tranny wont gear up to third,it has to be lower than 5k rpms.but when im trying to gear to third on more than 5k rpms the tanny sounds horrible, like if it was grinding with something.I need your help,can some one tell me if is the tranny, if so,whats wrong with it?,or if is the clutch.I know the tranny mount is breaking, i dont know if thats the problem.and my new axles are geting grease.please help me im new on this trannys. :worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
ok,vtec maniacs,I have a 97 civic with jdm b16,im having problems with my tranny,on third gear and about more than 5k rpm.the tranny wont gear up to third,it has to be lower than 5k rpms.but when im trying to gear to third on more than 5k rpms the tanny sounds horrible, like if it was grinding with something.I need your help,can some one tell me if is the tranny, if so,whats wrong with it?,or if is the clutch.I know the tranny mount is breaking, i dont know if thats the problem.and my new axles are geting grease.please help me im new on this trannys. :worthy:
3rd gear synchro is bad.
Common problem in Hondas, like having a slow passenger side power window.
You can try to use some SynchroMesh in the tranny and see if that helps.

please can you explain a little better,like i said im new in this

if you mean tranny oil,i alredy put some

Quoted post[/post]]
please can you explain a little better,like i said im new in this

if you mean tranny oil,i alredy put some
yea SynchroMesh will only HELP, it's not a fix... it's for your tranny fluid.
(IE:Drain out fluid, refill with synchromesh)
Ultimately, you will need a new 3rd gear synchro.. which i think comes as 3-4 in a set.
I have no idea how to replace them... too much work for me.

Quoted post[/post]]

Fix it.

But yea, your 3rd gear synchro is gone. I had luck with Redline Oil as well, but GM synchromesh seems to be the bitch lover of this forum.

Back