Please Help,money Ready

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deth101

O.K. I have a 95 dx auto coupe born in canada and want to swap,have the use of a auto shop w/all tools,lifts + hoists,can get dealer prices through said shop,want a faster than it is now DOHC manual.I have $2700 and will do all work myself with both helms handy.Have been looking at b16a2+3 clips but I dont care what engine as long as performance is up and it is not the most complicated swap going.Any help or suggestions would be very appricated as well as anybody who can tell me what I need, advice or tech for the auto to manual on a leftside drive car.I am ready to do this but am having trouble coming up with a complete parts list that fits this budget.Thank you all for any help.

yes,I know,I'm hoping to find a full clip but am not shure what other parts I would need for the auto to manual

you would also need the clutch pedal assembly for a left hand drive car.

-you'll need to get a the passenger side mount(tranmission mount) welded on.
-cut a big hole in the floor for the shifter
-clutch pedal(thanks saturn, almost forgot about that), actually you'll need the brake and clutch pedals.

everything else you'll get with your change-over, such as axles, shift linkages, etc...

Also does anyone know if hybrid revolution is a scam or what,they wont awnser e-mails on price or avalibility for me.where did you guys get your swap,anybody buy a full clip,good exp-bad exp?

call hmotorsonline
he doesnt have full clips listed but i know people who have gotten full clips from him
just call him up and tell him what you need ..... he'll help you out

Originally posted by liquid00meth Posted on Apr 21 2003+ 07:06 PM -->
liquid00meth Posted on Apr 21 2003 @ 07:06 PM ) said:
but that auto to manual swap is going to eat up your funds
No it won't,with a front clip,he'll have every part he needs.

Originally posted by rsaeini Posted on Apr 21 2003@ 08:25 PM
-cut a big hole in the floor for the shifter

Autos have the same hole.

Originally posted by deth101 Posted on Apr 21 2003@ 08:35 PM
even if the doner clip is a jdm?And does this apply to all B-series swaps?

The pedal set,even though on the right side is the same set up (right foot gas,left foot clutch),1st-5th gear and reverse are in the same spots too.The only differences is it is on th right instead of left,it is the same.

vpdelsol ricer Posted on Apr 22 2003
@ 04:53 PM
u can find full clips at www.flashoptions.com, go there only if u live by a port though.

Even if you live by a port,it can take up to six months to get it from them.

You can try PasswordJDM,I dont think they advertise clips,but maybe can get them.But let me throw this at you,autos generally sell for more,so you can 1)sell your auto and get a cheaper stick,making some extra money for the swap 2) convert your car and decrease the value,since as before,stick cost less and modified cars even less than that.If you go to sell your car for some reason,people most of the time don't want a swap and the auto to manual conversion is going to be harder to pass off.

thank you 92b16vx! I appricate the knowledge.I am trying to talk to password right now and I thank you for that link ,nobody seems to really want to sell me A b16 clip but there's got to be someone out there.As for selling the car that is not a option,my parents live in clear creek county CO and will not register a car I buy but are willing to keep sending in my reg for me and mailing me my stickers which is a big deal because by keeping these plates I have NO EMISSIONS RESTRICTIONS AT ALL and can do what I want as long as I can keep from getting pulled here all the time,sorry for shouting but no smog crap is cool.again thanks for the help! :D

One thing I thought about though,you are going to need to get the hardlines (brake and tranny) in the engine bay from a LHD car,forgot that the RHD one's are on the US passanger side and will be too short.This can be salvaged from any same style manual at a junkyard for next to nothing.

thank you all,now if I could get one of these places to respond,hmotors cant help me or dosent want to but thats the olny actual response I have got.oh well I'll keep trying.

Back