1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please HELP!! SiR2 motor has no hp and delay on acceleration

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by sem40138, Jan 18, 2008.

1. sem40138

sem40138 New Member

I've got a SiR2 motor swap in a Civic 92 with chipped p28 ecu and a year ago it broke down on me and i kept it sitting for about a year and drove my TL instead and just recently i had it towed to the mechanic and he replaced the timing belt and spark plugs and told me that he couldn't figure out why it wasn't running right. I got the car back and it runs like shit! if i am at a stop and go to hit the gas the motor bogs and studders really bad. I actually have to keep the pedal down and wait 3-5 seconds before the motor's rpms start climing. and when i finally start going it does pretty much the same thing. I'll push on the gas and the motor takes forever to respond and the rpms climb slower than shit. one thing that the mechanic said he thinks it might be was something to do with the fuel line or pump. When we pull the vacuum hose off the fuel regulator the idle seems to get better but the motor is still slow to rev. I really want to fix whatever it is, the car was bad ass before this shit happend. Any help would be awesome.

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

so why did it break down?

3. sem40138

sem40138 New Member

we think it was timing belt jumped, i was driving it on the freeway one day and all of sudden the motor just cut out and never started up again. the mechanic said that when he took the valve cover off the belt was all messed up and that i was lucky that none of the valves got bent. he said that he checked the timing 3 times to make sure it wasn't that, are the cam gears supposed to be offest, he set them regular, notches meeting each other.

4. sem40138

sem40138 New Member

i was driving it one day and the motor just cut out and i couldn't get the motor to start after that, when we checked the timing belt it was shredded.

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

chances are your valves are shredded to. i would re-check your timing and then do a compression test.

6. sem40138

sem40138 New Member

well the guy said that he checked all the valves and i lucked out that none of them were bent.

7. sem40138

sem40138 New Member

well i just called a few people and they said that it sounds like a bent valve like you said. he recommended checking the valves and run a compression test is that something i could do? i've worked on the car before, i'm no stranger to working on it.

8. dtob

dtob New Member

I'd say that the timing isn't set correct. My car did the same thing when it was off by a tooth.

Take it back and tell them to check the timing again but I'd do a compression test just to make sure though.

9. sem40138

sem40138 New Member

another i forgot to mention, last night while i was revving it, it apartenly shot out some flames a couple of times, i don't that's supposed to happen, even though i don't have a cat converter.

10. N/A b18c1

N/A b18c1 Mysterious

Major internal damage....all it takes to destroy honda motors is a messed up timing belt....and the back throw must be miss spark and if its bogging alot check you EGR.....

11. sem40138

sem40138 New Member

Okay, well the mechanic is a retard!!! the weather finally allowed me to work on the car and the first thing i checked was the ignition timing. It was retarded just like he is, all i had to do was push the distributor towards the firewall and it was running like a champ. My new question is why do i need to have the distributor almost all the way back for the car to run fine? Shouldn't it more or less be in the middle?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted