Please help....Swap issues!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AccordGRL

I swapped out my old f23a ulev motor to a f23a jdm motor. Now the car is slow Andy check engine light won't turn off. The code it's running is p1167 for 02 sensor. My mechanic used the same sensor that goes to my ulev. He also used the stock exhaust manifold. I'm just tryingto get it to perform like it used to before the swap and also make the check engine light turned off......please help.

From the F series Wikipedia page which took me all of 30 seconds to find...
  • ULEV engine uses 32-bit ECU with individual cylinder air-fuel ratio control, lean air-fuel ratio during fast idle, high-efficiency catalyst and low heat-mass exhaust system
and

F23A4[edit]
This engine was used in the 1998-2002 Honda Accord ULEV models. It is substantially similar to the F23A1, but features ULEV certification with a slight reduction of power: 148 hp (108 kW) with a maximum torque of 150 lb·ft (203 Nm). This engine has a different exhaust manifold, a more restrictive intake manifold and cylinder head, and a 32-bit ECU that uses an AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) oxygen sensor when compared to the F23A1.

Sounds like the ECU is specifically geared towards the ULEV motor and it's characteristics which could potentially run a different motor worse.

I don't really mess with OBD2 stuff or accords often but I would suggest finding an ECU for a car same year as yours but non-ULEV and try that and swapping to a non-ulev O2 sensor.

^^ Seems logical. ECU, O2 and I'd run the new motor's exhaust and intake manifold.

But you may be able to run your old stuff on the new bottom end and head which could run the old ECU.....this situation is weird, new stuff to me.

From the F series Wikipedia page which took me all of 30 seconds to find...
  • ULEV engine uses 32-bit ECU with individual cylinder air-fuel ratio control, lean air-fuel ratio during fast idle, high-efficiency catalyst and low heat-mass exhaust system
and

F23A4[edit]
This engine was used in the 1998-2002 Honda Accord ULEV models. It is substantially similar to the F23A1, but features ULEV certification with a slight reduction of power: 148 hp (108 kW) with a maximum torque of 150 lb·ft (203 Nm). This engine has a different exhaust manifold, a more restrictive intake manifold and cylinder head, and a 32-bit ECU that uses an AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) oxygen sensor when compared to the F23A1.

Sounds like the ECU is specifically geared towards the ULEV motor and it's characteristics which could potentially run a different motor worse.

I don't really mess with OBD2 stuff or accords often but I would suggest finding an ECU for a car same year as yours but non-ULEV and try that and swapping to a non-ulev O2 sensor.

Awesome, thank you so much ☺

Back