PLEASE HELP with aftermarket exhaust header PROBLEM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tp17svt

i just put on a performance aftermarket exhaust header on my 2002 honda civic lx 2door, 4 cylinder to replace the manifold and catalytic convertor. when i put the exhaust header on i only put on ONE oxygen sensor and it was the upper one(before the manifold). Now my check engine light is on and my idle is a little high, i was just wondering if maybe i should put the other oxygen sensor the lower(after manifold) one on and that would fix the problem or do i need a tune up on my car to reprogram the computer. Or is there something else that i need to do that i have not figured out please help.

yeah i did plung it up with the bolt it came with but someone i know that works on cars says i wont need the other o2 sensor sense i only have a exhaust header. and my catalytic convertor is out of my car now

i put a the o2sensor on but the engine check light is still on do you have any other suggestions except for putting that magna flow cat on. Like maybe a tune up of some kind. PLEASE help

It will keep coming back though because both o2 sensors are getting the same reading and your ecu is going to give the cel saying that your cat isn't working properly and its emitting too much crap. Damn obd2.

is there any tuning i can do or you would recommend that i do that would get rid of that light. i took out the ecu and unhooked the battery but the light still comes back on. i also really dont want to put on a cat so somthing else than that.

What you need to do is put a cat back on that car. The reason why the CEL keeps coming back is because it doesn't see a cat. That is the reason for the two o2 sensors. One reads what is coming out of the engine to make adjustments etc and the other is to check the status of the cat and make sure it is doing its job. If its not (which it isn't right now because there isn't one) then the CEL will come on. Get a cat installed in your exhaust under the car and have the other o2 sensor placed after it. That is the only way to get rid of your CEL.

well i have racing headers, so i would have to figure out a way to put a cat on if i did put a cat back on. wat if i went and got a o2 simulator and put that on wouldnt that fix the problem on the mileage and idle wouldnt it.

Did what you said and they said it cant be done

I took my car into a muffler shop and ask them if i could custom fit a catalytic convertor on my car so that my CEL doesnt keep getting thrown off and to put the sensor behind the catalytic convertor. well they told me they can put the catalytic convertor on it but the sensor can't reach back to that spot where it needs to be put behind the catalytic convertor so the CEL doesnt get thrown off and my car flow will still not be good, so they say it cant be done. They are telling me to jus go buy a new manifold and put that on is my best chance. What you think PPPPPlllllzzzz HELP

that exhaust shp sux!!!! ive ran int that. just keep looking for a better exhaust shop, of course the wanna charge u more!!!!

and if the sensor dont work, learn to soder or use 25 cents of but connectors and wire....

Back