Please help with mini me swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crombie09

Ok I decided to start out with a mini me swap on my d16a6, I found a z6 head comes complete with throttle body, intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, distributor, and wire harness. Its all off a 95 Del Sol.

I found this the most informative out of all I've looked at, but need some clarifacation :http://crx.honda-perf.org/articles/z6swap/z6swap.html

1. If I get a computer that goes with this swap do I still need a Vtec controller? What computer should I look out for?

2. The car has a new timing belt, can I use it or not? If not which timing belt do I need?

3. Will my exaust manifold on the d16a6 work with the z6 head?

4. Is it worth port and polishing this head or does it flow good as it is?

Thanks for your replies. -crombie09

Originally posted by B18C_NA@Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM
1. NO

2. YES

3. Maybe, if flanges line up

4. You got money? if yes, YES.

1.Well would it be better to have the right comp or to get a vtec control?

2. Are you sure? My freind told me I need a z6 timing belt.

3. I'll check at the junk yard for a z6 exaust mani

4. Well my dad builds engines for a living so this would be free, anything else I should do to the head that dosent involve expensive parts? I get all the labor for free. What kind of gains am I looking at by doing a P&P job?

Thanks-

The guy also gave me a wiring harness to go with it, this is not the wiring harnesses you see on ebay (basic) I think it is the entire wiring harness! There must be 50 plugs on this thing, its probably 12 feet long. Do I need this to do the mini me swap? -crombie09

Back