Please help with new high flow cat. please guys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
yah thats also a good idea to drop the exaust u mean disconnect it fomr the cat??? while im going to go try and cut it amd wish me luck guys ill take apic when its done!!!

Wow, with all these ?'s, and confusion, take that ish to the shop tell them your problem and let them get it off. Sounds like you'll come back and you'd have made the mistake and cut off half the downpipe. Take it to a shop man shouldnt be that expensive...do the right thing!

If you can't get at it with a sawzall... buy an electric grinder and use a grinding disc and a cutoff wheel. You can find cheap ones for like 40 bucks.

It will make it a lot easier to cut the heads off of the bolts and grind it flush until the bolt falls out.

yah yah the grinder sounds liek a great idea, but cabose what about the 3 ed bolt on each side that is hard to get too, hhow to grind that?

ok i see cause then it will all drop down,,,, good point

thanks guys ill see what i can do i vought some pb blaster and i soaked the bolts hopinf i can get a wrench on then tomroow

wish me luck!

and thanks

Do you ever take the time to actually read what you type? Between the spelling and everything else that's going on in there, it's mighty difficult to make out what you are saying sometimes.

Do you ever take the time to actually read what you type? Between the spelling and everything else that's going on in there, it's mighty difficult to make out what you are saying sometimes.

:werd: Also I would change your age to the right one (15 I think I remember you saying) you might get a little more respect if peopel know your 15. :dunno:

I predict another thread. "How do I get my exhaust back on?!?!?!" Or, "I started the car without the exhaust on and it sounded MADTYTEJDMSICK! so I am going to leave it like that!"

I predict another thread. "How do I get my exhaust back on?!?!?!" Or, "I started the car without the exhaust on and it sounded MADTYTEJDMSICK! so I am going to leave it like that!"

BURNT VALVES FTW!

And BTW the ebay cats leak like a bitch.

ok well im going to get some nice gaskets on it and i just got back from meinikee and they said they will take the old one off and insltall the new one for 40.00 i think im going to go with that

is that good?

BURNT VALVES FTW!

And BTW the ebay cats leak like a bitch.

I have an OBX cat. I haven't had any leak problems. It seems to work pretty well, I've got an emissions printout where I passed, by a pretty large margin actually.

Pretty amazing, but not really. I had the tune set to 14.7 AFR across the board, and open loop disabled.

I am lucky to have a guy in a local shop who has made exhaust his life's work. What an odd passion to have, but he is amazing. All the welds are always perfect, positioning, clearance, everything, perfect. And he doesn't charge much.

I suggest finding a local like that. Talk to the other enthusiasts in town, get under their car and look at the welds, etc. I've never purchased an aftermarket setup simply because I don't ever have to. I buy the muffler/cat, he does the pipes. Exhaust is one of the things that I don't believe is "do it yourself"..

P.S. if your motor is running shitty, dumping fuel, getting incomplete combustion, etc.. it'll clog up that new cat in just a few miles. Be sure your car is running well!

yes i do ?

why do u have to put workds in my mouth and !!YTINASNI

thanks for the idea

14.7? that car must run pretty sweet.

I'm a little curious as to the purpose of writing insanity backwards

he said that id be a sweet car and i said yes i'd sure say

thats all gezz why cant u guys leave me alone!

i ask for help and this is what i get.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back