Please help with new high flow cat. please guys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they not do any type of emissions testing in WI? That surprises me that a shop would willingly remove your car and replace it with a test pipe...interesting...

I thought he was having it replaced with a high flow ebay cat...

And the reason that shops do that is because they keep your old cat, which is worth $100-200. They act like they are doing you a favor, but really they are just screwing you.

had same deal with my 90 accord lx, being a noob my self i just said f- it and cut the down pipe just below the header as the header bolts wouldn't come off either...took off the header and replaced all 3 parts( i did this first only cuzz i had too, previous owner some how punched a hole in the cat.), next tune up, all belts, gaskets,then manilfold/throttle body w/ spacer, clutch,fly wheel, cam, then MAYBE the rest of the exhaust, been doin my h.w. for the last 8 months, and makin sure ill do it right
. listen to the man work first play later, it so worth it. mine only has 85k origonal miles and im baby steppin it....

I thought he was having it replaced with a high flow ebay cat...

I'm sure it wasn't an actual cat converter. Most E-Bay "high-flow cats" are just resonated test pipes...

And the reason that shops do that is because they keep your old cat, which is worth $100-200. They act like they are doing you a favor, but really they are just screwing you.

True, yeah...

The funny thing is that 14.7:1 is that people don't understand what it really is. I'll bet he hasn't read anything yet.

My guess is he thought 14.7 was what he ran in the 1/4 mile. Without knowing of a/f ratios, what other explanation can there be?

ur talking about the compression ratio after boost? cuz the f22 is 8.8:1 right? or am i ways off and should shut up? .lol all i know is what i read from my manual (witch isn't hard to read, just takes time...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back