PLEASE HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

ok... i just got in to a accident in my gsr and it doesnt run but the engine looks ok. taking a closer look and removing some stuff i see that the mount on the driverside has shifted a lot. i look at the block and i see the bolt kind of twisted out of the block and there is like a tiny crack where the bolt goes in to the block. what do i do?? i can still use the engine right? im planing on swaping the engine, suspension and brakes to a civic. what do i do with the part where the mount bolts on?

thanks for the help

p.s. sorry for double posting but noone replied

Hate to say it buddy, but if you are talking about the bolt on the block near the drivers side mount, it may be your crank bolt and that could be a good reason why it wont run, not sure what else it could be. Post a pic if you got a camera, later

no its not the crank bolt. is its one of the 2 bolts that is bolting the mount to the block. i want to know how to fix the the threading and stuff that the mount is bolted on to

s3f0910cac5e48.jpg

the words got messed up. so ill type here 1 of the 2 bolts is kind of twisted out and i can see the thread the other is still in there but the mount is sideways and the part of the block where the mount bolts has little cracks from the mount being moved.

it the bolt is stripped it is possible to retap
or use a helicoil(sp?)
to repare it if block is craked a shop should be able to fix it for you

best bet is it to unblot the mount and take a good look at the hole
if it is badly craked take it to a shop where they can weld it up or you could use a block hardener fill the hole re drill and tap it

it is a cemical solution used in race apps to fill coolant pasages a ting like that
try summit

basically is goes in very fluid and hardens like steel

Back