1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by sih8tch, Aug 5, 2003.

1. sih8tch

sih8tch Junior Member

i putted up a post not to long ago about my car burning way to rich, but nobody replied back so i'm gonna make another post. like i said on my other one, i do not know why my car is burning so rich. i'm currently using gsr fuel injectors with my b16 motor. and i'm running with a gsr ecu. the injectors are still good because it came off of a running gsr motor. i'm also using the gsr fuel rail too. i just recently replaced the oxygen sensor also. so, that got rid of my engine code. i also have a air/fuel ratio hooked up to. but it stays on green all the time till i give it some throttle then it goes to yellow. and my oil turns black as coffee after 1,000 miles after every oil change. don't know why it is doing that either. and i had the motor in my car for 5 months now. and i'm kinda getting tired of the black smoke comin out of mah exhaust and blowin out this awful stinch. so please help me, i'm all out of ideas. thanks

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

your running 1.8l fuel maps on a 1.6l engine

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

gsr/b16 injectors and fuel rails are identical.

an a/f gauge without a wideband o2 is pratically worthless. http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html for more info.

but the answer to your problem is that you are running too rich, from the gsr maps, as Esol stated above.

get a vafc and take it to a dyno to get tuned with wideband 02, or get a p30, or a hondata system and tune it.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

and once again, this is no swap related. moving to general tech. please use the proper forums.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted