please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c4

hi

i have a civic 96 d15z6 vtec the engin e has blown is it possible to run a b18c4 on my wiring loom??? mine is obd2a and the engine and ecu are abd2b under the bonnet i have noticed that some plugs fit into my old loom and some dont?? do i have to swap plugs over??or is there easier ways around this?? apparantly i cant use the full loom because its a 2 piece and mine is only 1??
any help would be much appriciated

Thanks

hmmm well i got a b18c4 in my civic 95 civic which the ecu was a obd1 the engine was out of a mb6 civic vti so its an obd1
you could get a reprogrammed ecu for it with the stock maps xencron do reprogrammed ecus but you will need to change the tranny and axels and shiftlinkages its not a straight swap with the d15 parts plus you will need an teg power steering pump as the d15 one will b too big to get on wont fit basically

swap

alrite mate i have the tranny driveshafts ecu powersteering pump the lot thats no problem we took the old lump out yesterday and checkd the plugs off the 2 piece loom to my old engine and every plug from the loom fit the engine apart from the alternator plug but i cn just use the old alternator. new lump is defo obd2b out of a 99 civic aerodeck b18c4 180bhp but surley i can just use the obd2a to obd2d harness jumper carnt i???
thanks

jumper

cheers m8 are the jumper s availiable in the uk? on the us website for them is states that ur ecu must be non immobolised??? is this true? i also have the ignition barrel and key just incase my old key wont work with the new ecu so the immoboliser must b in the barrel ye? is this y it says non immobolised ecu? just incase you havent got the key and barrel?

nope m8 the barrel n key will b useless because the ecu itself has the immobiliser built in and a transponder key i know the uk spec ecu from the b18c4 are like this because i've been through 2 and non ov them send spark signals yet there is no error codes given by the ecu the injectors kick in and evrything else but its the uk spec b18c4 ecu that you need transponder kit basically its useless ecu unless u hav the whole car

Back