please need some audio help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordwithwork

kid that everyone loves!
hey guys im oing to get a new deck today with a cd player and i wana install it myself do i need a code? or whats all that talk about codes for them?? if i just connect like the 6 wires should i have it good?

thanks

If you get a new deck then no code is necessary. The anti-theft is built into the OEM radio. Buy the right harness and it'll be a breeze.

The deck comes with wires, yes. But those wires are to connect to another harness. The harness you will need is one that will fit for your stock connector.

Circuit City sells harnesses so you don't even have to use butt connectors or anything else. I bought mine for about $60, and they just plugged in and everything was good.

so ok correct me if im wrong the deck comes with wires that u connect to the wire harress that u pay extra for, once those wires are connect u just plug in the wire harress to ur stock harress and then its all good?

thanks!

Yeah, that's about it.

I still recommend paying the extra money for the harnesses. Like I said, Circuit City sells them. You can get one that connects to your factory harness. Then you just tell them what type of radio it is, and they can give you the one that connects to the radio. Takes all of 30 seconds to install it that way. Eliminates butt connectors and loose wires behind the dash, and takes the extra work out.

danng so they have a pree wired harresses sort ta speak?

but other wise just conect the wres from the harrness to the deck then just clip on the stock harness to the other one????

how many loose wires are there?

I've installed so many car stereos, and I maybe used the adapter you buy twice. I just get the color codes of the head unit and the car and wire it up directly. Less wires and a lot easier in my opinion. But since this is your first time doing it, it probably would be better if you got the adapter.

thanks ef9

yah i heard that, ( u can just directly hook it up, )

but i think im going to get the adapter u no?

ill tell u guys how it goes!!!

Yeah like I said I would get the adapter. I've been doing them since I was 16 so its a lot easier for me. The only cars I used it on was my 1 friends 03 350Z when i put a in-dash dvd player. and the other was an 05 Mustang GT for my other friend. But good luck with it! Let us know if you need any help

no it came with a 16 valve engine....... it says it on the cover if u lok closely u can see i think heres a pic mate:mellow:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 220
had a 4th gen accord ex (91) for 7 years and 120,000 miles. It comes w/ a 12 valve sohc from the factory. Seeing that your valve cover is painted and indeed says 16 valve, it probably was taken off of your car at some point. I'm guessing that your valve cover is from another engine. Or maybe just maybe you do have a swap. Check it out. Probably a fake-out. Did your car come w/ Type R badges and the like?

Last edited:
Back