PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! ANYONE !! 87 crx si!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redrexracer

HELLO ALL i am in need of some friggin help i have bee 2 like 4 forums and no one can help me. my 87 crx si is acting up. my idle is screwey when i start the car in my driveway the idle is okay at first then it starts to drop way below 1,000 to the point of almost dying but it wont die. then when i go and drive it it will die on me either when i let the rpms drop below 1,000 or press the clutch or press the brake. but sometimes it wont do it. sometimes i wil do one of those things and it will be fine. its every other time that it happens. and when i am at idle in the driveway i can pump the brake and the idle will jump up to normal and the car will idle completely fine till i stop pumpin the brake. this is f****** weird. any ideas? thoughts? comments?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If your pumping the brake and the car is working great then, checks the vacuum lines and connections to the master cylinder. What has been done to the car?

nothing at all to my knowledge. its completely stock and unmolested. and its complete with almost perfect interior/decent exterior and original floormats and manual.

Know What Your Problem Is

I Used To Have A 86 Crx Si That Did The Same Thing, Its Your Master Cylinder And Booster Doing This, Somehow These Thing Go Bad And The Vacuum Gets All Effed Up And Makes It Idle Funny. To Start Take Off The Whole Booster And Cylinder And Seperate Them, Check To C Uif The Master Cylinder Is Leaking From The Rear(as Mine Did) If So Thers Your Problem If Not Then Replace The Booster And You Should Be Ok. Id Replace The Booster Anyway Even If The Cylinder Was Bad Just To Have All Possibilities Out Of The Way.

I Used To Have A 86 Crx Si That Did The Same Thing, Its Your Master Cylinder And Booster Doing This, Somehow These Thing Go Bad And The Vacuum Gets All Effed Up And Makes It Idle Funny. To Start Take Off The Whole Booster And Cylinder And Seperate Them, Check To C Uif The Master Cylinder Is Leaking From The Rear(as Mine Did) If So Thers Your Problem If Not Then Replace The Booster And You Should Be Ok. Id Replace The Booster Anyway Even If The Cylinder Was Bad Just To Have All Possibilities Out Of The Way.

everything he says is true even tho the car was mine! EVO lol. anywas yea ur master cylinder and booster are going. get those replaced and ull be fine.

Back