Please, someone.. Say something !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know man, i lost my last job because they accused me of stealing :(

they fired nearly everyone there, even managers that had been there 15+years.

Same happened with me at staples, they accused me of stealing some cheap ass HP camera, when at the time I had my own Canon SLR and a Sony point and shoot, I flipped shit and ended up walking out in my boxes and a guinea tee cause I stripped down refusing to wear their clothes anymore. I got stared at, to say the least.

ever think about starting your own repair business?

Again, thank you for the concern: I've been doing my own repair business for 15+ years. I was a solid consultant for 10 years, and I've returned to consulting for this contract at Unilever. Before that I ran a computer repair shop in Keene NH.

Wow Steve, I'm not really sure what to say about your boss/boss's, except that one of them seems like a dick. To fire you for something like that seems without merit. To blame you for stealing all of a sudden after this situation seems opportunistic. I am a "boss" myself at work and man, there is no way I would have fired you over just one incident. After all, you did let one of your bosses know what you did which shows integrity. It is very sad that you showed initiative, then got burned for it.

I am truly sorry to hear about that. What are you going to do now?

This was my night and weekend job, I start a new full time job this week.

But this is NOTHING compared to the betrayal I suffered at the hands of Yale University, where I worked last year. That place fucked me in a "Crying Game" sort of way.

Still, it's a job and I do not see it being a "justifiable" firing at all. Fuck man, you were honest for God's sake.

I remember you talking about that a while back and the analogy of a "Crying Game" fucking makes me cringe. Nice analogy though.

EDIT: I am glad to hear you are starting a new full time job this week. What are you going to be doing?

I think I'm the head of the Change Control board for Unilever. That's the position, but it's wierd. And the pay sucks.

Back