Plug ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nimblecivic

alright all..here's the deal...

Time to change the plugs in my ride but I'm kinda stumped as to what to ask for when I get new ones. I've got a 93 EX with a B16a and when I did the oil the other day I looked up part numbers for a 96 sol vtec. Problem is, when I did this tonight at Advanced, the guy said the plugs needed for a 96 sol were the NGK Platinums, which run $10.99/pc. I want NGKs, but wasn't planning on spending that much per plug but if that's what I need lemme know-I'm still running the jap plugs that came in the motor and while they don't look bad I'd rather have new plugs....Any help is much appreciated...

BTW, I have to run premium now, which was ok till it went up to $2.00/gal this morn....what kick in the goans.... :nutkick:

219 over here in cali for premium :(

there should be different kinds of plugs.... like 2 or 3 dollar plugs, ask the store what other plugs they offer that are OEM style.

that's just it....I want NGK or I'd even go for Denso, but this place didn't sell regular NGK's and the only other stuff they sold was autolite and ac delco's....Guess I'm gonna have to try another place who sells Denso's...

Anyone with a B16a Help Me!!!!!

Definetly don't go with the platinums though.
1) They suck
2) Their overpriced
3) They suck :p

Try to find the oem style ngk's.

that's really what I'm lookin' for is oem style......

the day I spend almost 50 for plugs on a near stock motor I'd better be driving a benz or a lotus... B)

can you believe the jackass tried selling me a set of Bosch's? Christ almighty!

the oem ngk plugs are the platinum ones, go to a honda dealer and ask, they want like $15 a plug, ridiculous
i use denso iridium at $11.00 ea.

I got my plugs at hparts.com. They were like $2 a plug. I have a d series but still. They ended up sending me the NGK R plugs but They are still fine.

Here are the part numbers for the b16 plugs

PFR6L-13 OEM Normal heat range
PFR7L-13 OEM One range cooler

Back