plz help with gsr brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmcivic007

what's good honda swap im kinda of a newbie on here.. i have a problem i just dont understand. I have a 94 honda civic cx. i replaced the rear drums with a 98 gsr rear disc brake conversion.. i also replace the the front suspension with the gsr rotor and spindles as well. Here's the problem.. i installed all new brake lines, ebrake cables, rotors and pads in the rear, i also used the stock brake lines in the front.. i also changed the master cyclinder since it was shot. i bled the brakes from rr-lr-rf-lf, i must have done this bleeding crap for more than 2 days now n still no pull on the brakes.. when the car is off the peadls gets hard but once the car is started the pedal goes str8 to the floor and no brakes.. can some plz help me.. this crap is pissing me off.. i want to blow this civic up!!

well if its not losing fluid its still got to have air in it, keep at it...bleed it wile the car is running, and make sure your calipers arent froze up

u mean losing fluid in the resovoir? if it is when im bleeding the breaks do i have a leak somewhere?

yea make sure your not losing fluid in the resivor when your not bleeding them,, but to check to make sure your calipers arent froze up witch i doubt they are but it happens, you got to take off the caliper or just swing it open and hit the brakes you will be able to tell if its pushing out like its supose to, to get it to go back in just take a c clap ot somthing and mash it back so it will clear youe pads and rotor

when i bleed the brakes i b losing fluid in the resovoir..someone told me that i can b losing air from a faulty master cylinder seal?? but i replaced the master cyclinder yesterday..i bench bled them n everything..

i've tried so many ways n still no play with the pedal.. i've been doing this bleeding situation since thursday.. n still have no idea what's wrong

everyone keeps telling theres air in it.. is it possible to bleed the brakes for that long

i would get a gsr matercyclender so it will help for the extra brakes, i mean you dont have to but it would help, you got to get someone to help let them pump the brake a few times the hold it then wile there holding the brake open the bleed vavle to let out the air do this on all the brakes and do it sevral times each

now after i change the mster cylinder and brake booster to a gsr booster and master.. i ran into another problem.. 1 of the brake line fitting into wont fit..it need to b a lil bigger.. how do i fix this problem

i have the nut to the master but.. what do i do? do i cut the brake line and put the nut on it.. but how do i flare out the tubing so the nut will fit back into the cylinder???

you might can do it that way but you have to uses a special tool called a flare tool,you might wont to call a break shop ive never run into this problem

ok i changed everything..and still no brakes.. the pedal goes str8 to the floor when i turn the car on.

Back