pm6 ecu to vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
:unsure: sorry if im interrupting guys. Alright i just registered and have been browsing everywhere for info, i had my d16z6 engine replaced by a d15b vtec motor. But the guy never hooked up the vtec solenoid. my ecu went bad so he gave me a pm6 ecu out of an 89 crx. I need to hook up my vtec solenoid but cant find the wires. can anyone of you experts help. ive been working on my "crex" for 2 years now and want it finished :lol: please help.

i split your topic off the other thread because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread. please don't do this again.

anyway, to answer your question- the crx ecu is not a vtec ecu. it will never activate vtec. and there are no wires to connect it to because they don't exist. On top of that, the crx ecu is obd 0. your motor is obd1. your car is obd0. you want to run an obd1 ecu on the obd1 motor. thus, you need to run a convertor harness from obd0-> obd1 to plug in one of the following obd1 ecus:

you want a p28 from the d16z6 or the p08 from the jdm d15b

heyman thanks for the info and soory for posting it in the blue. it was my first time so. :blink: but any way i 'preciate your info and will definitly get the right ecu. i stll dont understand the odb1 and stuff. anyway, thanks man. :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 12 2005, 01:36 PM

it will never activate vtec. and there are no wires to connect it to because they don't exist.
[post=444619]Quoted post[/post]​

It can be done. It simply requires converting the ECU to VTEC. You basically convert the PM6 to it's automatic counterpart, the PS9. You would then need to run the PGMFI one wire PM6 VTEC code. You need to research at PGMFI and Turboedit

Your OBD1 D15B VTEC distributor will not work with the OBD0 PM6 ecu, so go get the P08 or P28 and save yourself from a migraine later on.

hey guys thanks alot for all the info. When i got this car it was literally a frankenstein car. the dizzy however i have to go look at. The honda tech here in tally .FL. said that it did not belong to the d16z6 the car came with, but would still work. Hes the same guy with the "SRX-1" 10 sec 500+ hp car. Hes was on the cover of tuner mag i thinkl. Either way right now im working on getting another crx with a gsr motor in it. Again thanks for info :D

Back