pm7 or pg7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

Whats the difference between the two... other than the PG7 is an integra ECU and PM7 is the ZC ECU. I have a JDM ZC engine and am running a PG7 is this fine I do have 4 cel codes on
Codes 6 - Coolant temp, 7 - throttle angle, 9 - No1 cylinder position, and 10 - air intake temp

If I were to switch to a PM7 would it help any? By the way car runs like shit wont rev past 2k and barely revs at all with backfiring

Well after doing some research I started troubleshooting code 9 first - No1 cylinder position...

I changed the timng belt because it was loose probably skipped a tooh or something. No1 cylinder was full of oil and the gap on the spark plug had been smashed in so I regapped it since the plug looked fine. I then let the oil fall out of the cylinder. I checked resistance from the connector on the dizzy, that turned out fine. I went in the cabin and checked resistance on that side of the harness and I wasn't getting between 350-550, it read around 3009, weird to me. I think it may be that spark plug wire going to the No1 cylinder it was drenched in oil to begin with. Any suggestions?

If you're interested, I have a PM7 and a PP5 for sale. $75 shipped (for both) if you want them. They both came off EDM '91 CRX Si's (D16Z5 ZC Engine). They've never been chipped and work perfect. Let me know if you're interested. :)

Last edited:
Back