PnP Started...Pics. (56k warning)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jul 14 2004, 01:02 PM
<<<<<=Aero Student, Mike :)

Are you recommending I grind the guides into a tear drop shape?
[post=363149]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, I know you're an Aero student. :)

I wouldn't say to grind them into a teardrop shape- that's just why the guides flow better with a rounder front face and some flashing for the trailing edge. But you know that already.

:lol:

The tips of the guides are kind of hard to get to with the bits on my dremel, but the will hopefull get done. I need to buy some more bits.

hows this working out? also do you know where i can get alittle more detail directions to help with the bowl work? me and a buddy are doing the same head. good luck with this. -Dale-

I did some more work with the exhaust ports and the combustion chambers, but ran out of time and flap wheel, so I will be getting a couple more of those as well as polishing discs, and I will be finishing the chambers and the rough areas that I grinded around the valve guides by hand as it is hard to get up in those narrow crevices with a tool bit. Here are some update photos. I have also modified a b16 intake manifold to fit the ls head, which should provide a little more upper end umph.

gallery_29008_29_1091168676.jpg

gallery_29008_29_1091751486.jpg

gallery_29008_29_1091751574.jpg

A pic of the pr3 manifold mounted to the pr4 head. No more long runners!!!
gallery_29008_29_1091168510.jpg

Back