PO6 vs P28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey, im running a p06 on a y7. My friend gave me a vtec head and a vtec controller. He said I can run the p06, and engage the vtec wit the vtec contoller with a postive voltage wire and stuff. I know thats possible, but doesnt the p28 have a better air/fuel map and stuff? Also, i think the p28 has a speed limiter of 135, while the p06 has it governed at 118?

Basically, my question is if there is any advantage of havin a p28 over a p06 if im running the vtec separatly?

Originally posted by jastunna1987@Feb 16 2005, 01:26 PM
Hey, im running a p06 on a y7. My friend gave me a vtec head and a vtec controller. He said I can run the p06, and engage the vtec wit the vtec contoller with a postive voltage wire and stuff. I know thats possible, but doesnt the p28 have a better air/fuel map and stuff? Also, i think the p28 has a speed limiter of 135, while the p06 has it governed at 118?

Basically, my question is if there is any advantage of havin a p28 over a p06 if im running the vtec separatly?
[post=461716]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, the P28 has the proper fuel and timing maps for a 1.6l SOHC VTEC engine.

You can engage the VTEC using the VTEC controller, but you'll still need to program the ecu to match the new head.

p28 a good thing to have. Check out my sig, projekteg can hook you up with a nice chipped p28 for your setup; mention I sent you.

is the cruise control and abs reliant upon which ECU? I have an EX with a DX motor and DX ecu in, and my cruise control nor ABS work. Do i need an EX ecu? But isnt the LX equipped with cruise and abs, and the LX's have the same ecu as the DX's..correct?

I've physically looked and saw all connection to my cruise control and shit...any ideas why this doesnt work? I dont really care for abs.

Originally posted by jastunna1987@Feb 17 2005, 01:02 AM
is the cruise control and abs reliant upon which ECU? I have an EX with a DX motor and DX ecu in, and my cruise control nor ABS work. Do i need an EX ecu? But isnt the LX equipped with cruise and abs, and the LX's have the same ecu as the DX's..correct?

I've physically looked and saw all connection to my cruise control and shit...any ideas why this doesnt work? I dont really care for abs.
[post=462008]Quoted post[/post]​

no, it's not dependant on the ecu, you have issues elsewhere i would say.

Back