Poison Ivy 1 Me 0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So a couple weeks ago a tree fell over during one of the thunder storms. 2 saturdays ago I borrowed a string trimmer and chainsaw from my brother to do some cleaning up.

The tree was pretty well dead except for a couple branches, but it had a massive vine growing up the length of the tree. The vine was about 2-2.5" in diameter at about the halfway point up the tree. I needed to clear back some of the vegetation to get to the trunk so first I took the strong trimmer and cut back all the leaves, then I proceeded to cut the tree and vine with the chainsaw. And after that was all done and the brush drug off, I mowed the whole lawn to chop all the remaining leaves into mulch.

Fast forward about 8 hours and my brother stops over to see my handy work and tells me I am royally fucked. I wasn't quite sure what he meant but I later learned the large vine was all poison ivy. So here I am at work, waiting for a call from my doctor to go get some prednisone or at least come in to see him to get some recommendations.

Life lesson from me to you... Don't fuck with poison ivy.

From NY, 2 hours north of NYC.
I tried the ole chlorine water and sat in a pool for a while yesterday, didn't seem to help much.
between the prickers, poison ivy, and mosquitoes i'm about ready to napalm my back yard and fuckitall

so far i've tried calamine, caladryl, cortizone 1%, aveeno, and ivy-dry
trying to stay cool and out of the sun

Last edited:
lol

i got a few trees with that on it too. sucks. half of my fence line is covered in the stuff. luckily i haven't gotten it yet though.

but im totally with you on napalming the backyard for bug purposes. it's horrible this year.

all the leaves on trees and in my garden are all 'eaten'. I haven't seen it this bad since i was a kid and we had the caterpillar problems roll through.

pissing on it refers to the jelly fish sting, not poison ivy. I was always told to piss on it, but the internet says don't. The jelly fish stings that is.

I knew it was jellyfish stings, I thought it was poison ivy too, because the ammonia dries it up. Windex would do the same thing though.

machete.jpg

Problem = Solved

got a shot o prednisone in my ass
i'm not usually affected much by shots or needles, but this one is a pain in my ass, literally
about on par with a very very large cortizone shot in your shoulder or knee

also have the prednisone course to run through

Back