Poison Ivy 1 Me 0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We don't have poison ivy here, only poison oak. I guess it is similar as far as symptoms and cures go?

yeah, same stuff... oak might even be a little worse. we have both out here

Then I have no sympathy for you. I've had poison oak many times. Get over it you pansy. lol

peeoutside.png

Wire brush and bleach is the lumberjack way to get rid of it. Im glad I dont get the shit, my chick and a friend of mine get it if they even look at the shit.

i could see a wire brush being real effective at getting the little blisters open and dried out
probably hurts, but i'd take the hurt over the itch
its almost a soothing sort of pain
the doc recommended the prednisone to fight it faster, chalamine to dry it, and benadryl to stop the itch, and limit the allergic reaction
i guess asthma and poison ivy is a bad mix, so i'm sticking with an aggressive treatment plan

the doc says i'm lucky to only have what i do considering how much exposure i had chopping the shit into tiny pieces with a weed wacker and lawn mower
i cut the vine up into woodstove sized lengths too, guess burning it is out of the question now

yeah my old lady has to get the shots, and it still takes like a month for it to go away fully. Also wash/change your sheets as often as possible.

i think i'd be a lot better off if i knew sooner and washed sooner
it was a good 8 hours from the time i cut the shit down, until i learned it was poison ivy and took a shower.

got a shot o prednisone in my ass
i'm not usually affected much by shots or needles, but this one is a pain in my ass, literally
about on par with a very very large cortizone shot in your shoulder or knee

also have the prednisone course to run through

I have to do that! Fucking hate it. I thought it wasn't bad till a minuet after when my ass felt like it had a rough night at the gay bar.
I could be standing 3 feet away from it and get it.
I HATE POISON IVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back