Police are out to get me!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

2 days ago I got pulled over and got another $150 ticket for my exhaust, this has been my second ticket in 2 months. I guess my exhaust is too loud. The police stick a coat hanger in tho see if there is any bafflers, but of course my exhaust doesn't have any. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to deal with this problem without going back to my stock exhaust. I know I can keep my headers and cat converter, it's just the tail pipe is big. I have a 92 Accord with an h22 swap. I'm thinking of maybe having a customized exhaust made, but I know it will probably cost alot, does anyone have any suggestions other than replacing it with my stock exhaust? Is there a way to hide the pipe?? Anything to keep the police off my back.

Just because an exhaust is aftermarket doesn't mean its a giant coffee can thats louder than hell. My integra (god rest her soul) had a DC sports catback on it, and it not only looked stock enough to be ignored, but was plenty quiet as long as I didn't stand on it. Shop around.

I've heard some good things about the RSR exhaust. I know I'll be looking into that one when I begin the new project in a million years.

yeah i've heard the rsr ex-mag exhaust is extremely quiet. i also have a dc sports catback on my car and the sound is awesome. doesn't draw much attention.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah i've heard the rsr ex-mag exhaust is extremely quiet. i also have a dc sports catback on my car and the sound is awesome. doesn't draw much attention.
I have the RSR ex mag on my b16 crx, a little louder than expected, but i really dont have much covering the exhaust. I know the DC Sports is quiet, my buddy has it on his 00 civic si, but sounds good when u stand on it.

the RSR exmag is just as quiet as a stock exhaust. on the hatch i bought with a GSR and an exmag i could hear the intake over the exhaust.

Where are you located? Here in TX, the exhaust is limited to like 20db's or some sh*t, and that's really fkn loud. Find out what the law is and have your car tested and see what it is putting out. (lots of shops have a meter that measures soud volume) Just find out your local law and go from there.

Go with magnaflow. It is quiet at idle and sounds really good when you get down on it. When cops drive by me all I do is that off the acclerator and it is as quiet as stock but can be loud when I floor it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Where are you located? Here in TX, the exhaust is limited to like 20db's or some sh*t, and that's really fkn loud. Find out what the law is and have your car tested and see what it is putting out. (lots of shops have a meter that measures soud volume) Just find out your local law and go from there.
i may be wrong, but i think that numbers off. i thought i remembered ready somewhere that the apexi world sport 2 put out about 80db, and thats a fairly quiet aftermarket exhaust. but just to put things in perspective i think its 120db that can do permenant inner ear damage.

i think i know what im talking about, but if im wrong someone please correct me.

i remember reading the specs for my tanabe super racing medallion it said something that it met some standard of 96DB with the silencer in...

Ive never ran a silencer, not even when I ran it through inspection(failed for emissions but not loud exhaust)

I think magnaflow or borla or flowmaster make OEM looking mufflers that will flow just as well as the fart can. Look into one of those maybe.

i got a ticket for the exhaust so i picked up the apexi ws2. Cant even hear it, and under full throttle all u hear is the intake. Cops dont bother me anymore.

O.K I did a little research and I'm leaning towards the Apexi World Sport 2. The rsr looked really nice, but it's quite a bit more expensive and so is the Magnaflow. I don't have by any means the best headers Megan 4-2-1 and I have a cheap enough hi-flow converter and I'm wondering if there will still be a noticeable amount of change in the sound of the exhaust if I buy the Apexi or RSR cat back with the cheap headers and converter that I already have? Any input? Will changing my cat-back really make a difference in the noise if I keep the headers and converter I already have on the car. I just don't want to go spending money if it's not going to make that much of a difference.

I have a ls vtec, dc sports header, no cat, and world sport 2 exhaust. It sounds like a G35. Its quiet, yet a decent upgrade from stock. It wont get you in any trouble, and still performs decently

HOWEVER
I unbolted the rear section of the exhaust on the dyno and gained 11whp so as far as performance category... It lacks performance. Sure its better than stock, but the WS2 is very restrictive.

Quoted post[/post]]
I have a ls vtec, dc sports header, no cat, and world sport 2 exhaust. It sounds like a G35. Its quiet, yet a decent upgrade from stock. It wont get you in any trouble, and still performs decently

HOWEVER
I unbolted the rear section of the exhaust on the dyno and gained 11whp so as far as performance category... It lacks performance. Sure its better than stock, but the WS2 is very restrictive.

What size is the piping on the WS2? I believe the RS*R Exmag has a 2.36" pipe.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Apex world sport 2 is pretty quiet with a nice tone.

You know, after dealing with RS*Rs shitty customer service, I looked into that exhaust too. 408 bucks isn't a bad deal for a catback.

$408 holy crap, I love working at an exhaust shop. Yeah, no name brand stuff but man is it cheap.

My advice add a resonator between the cat and the muffler this will add to the low rumble and remove the annoying resonence that gets you pulled over.

Quoted post[/post]]
the RSR exmag is just as quiet as a stock exhaust. on the hatch i bought with a GSR and an exmag i could hear the intake over the exhaust.

:werd: when i first put it on, i thought i stalled at a light... :laugh:

i think its about the same volume as a stock ITR exhaust. well worth the money.

I'm a tanabe fan. I think there kinda loud but i've never heard anything else beside cheap hackjob cans. I got 2 buddys with tanabe and they like it too.

Back