Police raid highschool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

back when i was in high school, the police never did any raids. high schools were much cooler back in the day. now-a-days the principals are just a bunch of paronoid idiots. oh...i graduated high school back in 1993 :)

I was havin fun debating with you. <_<

I guess I'll just sit by and watch it myself.

that raid=not right

smoking pot=stupid

stoners= :owned: but they didn't deserve to have 9mm's pointed at their heads because of THAT...

Those fucktards are probably going to be too scared to smoke it again. So I'd think in someway it's not as botched as the story makes it out to be.

That's my point of view.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 17 2003, 10:08 PM

that raid=not right

smoking pot=stupid

stoners= :owned: but they didn't deserve to have 9mm's pointed at their heads because of THAT...

Those fucktards are probably going to be too scared to smoke it again. So I'd think in someway it's not as botched as the story makes it out to be.

That's my point of view.

What if half a dozen cops pulled heat on you and told you not to post stupid shit on Hondaswap? Yeah you'd probably stop, and we'd all be better for that, but it would be a little uncalled for none the less.

I really don't see any humor in this at all. It's a sad day for our country when we start pulling guns oon our kids.

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Nov 17 2003, 10:26 PM-->
sleepergtx
@Nov 17 2003, 10:08 PM

that raid=not right

smoking pot=stupid

That's my point of view.

What if half a dozen cops pulled heat on you and told you not to post stupid shit on Hondaswap? Yeah you'd probably stop, and we'd all be better for that, but it would be a little uncalled for none the less.

I really don't see any humor in this at all. It's a sad day for our country when we start pulling guns oon our kids.

How is that stupid? That's called an opinion. If you don't like it. Tough shit.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 17 2003, 11:47 PM
ok before this gets ANY further, if you 2 are gonna do any arguing, do it in PM and not on the board.

:worthy: thats how stuff should be done.

Originally posted by WetWilly@Nov 17 2003, 10:56 PM
:locked:

no its not going to get locked, but if it gets outta hand it will. thats why i told them to take it to PM if they are gonna argue. and that goes for anyone else that wants to argue too.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 17 2003, 10:47 PM
ok before this gets ANY further, if you 2 are gonna do any arguing, do it in PM and not on the board.

I wasn't going to argue. But this forum is here for the discussion of the topic with opinions and facts. I stated an opinion and was attacked for it. I'm so fucking sorry, didn't mean to have an opinion.

I could have sworn even the admins/mods were getting sick of the bickering and shit like this. With this, I'm not posting in here again....I don't care if I get attacked again. this is fucking rediculous.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 17 2003, 10:59 PM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@Nov 17 2003, 10:47 PM

I wasn't going to argue. But this forum is here for the discussion of the topic with opinions and facts. I stated an opinion and was attacked for it. I'm so fucking sorry, didn't mean to have an opinion.

I could have sworn even the admins/mods were getting sick of the bickering and shit like this. With this, I'm not posting in here again....I don't care if I get attacked again. this is fucking rediculous.

the way that it was going was gonna end up in being an arguement, thats why i said before it goes any farther, to take it to PM. having an opinion is fine by all means, but like i said, the was it was looking is that it was gonna end up as an arguement.

yes we are getting sick of the bickering. its all rediculous and its bringing everyone down, including myself. if you have any problems, PM a mod/admin with your problem and tell us about it. or if you got something postive to say, then tell us too! we want to be there for you all and have the best possible site that we can and any feedback whether its good or bad IS always welcome.

***back on topic***

Originally posted by Teufel@Nov 17 2003, 09:50 PM
Blah thats a load of crap! If he suspected drug trafficing in his school he didn't need to bring in trigger happy cops with guns drawn. Granted it isn't completely the prinicpals fault.. the chief of police had alot to do with how his men/women acted.

All they had to do was wait till ppl where in class. Roll the popo in block doors to bathrooms and exits and let the dog do the work. Plain and simple and no guns drawn.

the way you mention is exactly how it happens at our school, when drugs were suspected on premeses.... i feel this is a correct action, and not guns drawn gung-ho bullshit.

we had one of those searches at my school one time ( they had them once a month) and the drug dog peed on the floor and the principal took everyones cellphones, friggin hard-on :angry:

This is a bad analogy, methinks...

No matter how stupid, free speech is protected under the law, drug use is not.

I agree that maybe the cops went overboard in pulling their weapons, but if you were found to have drugs on you, then the cops have everyright to cuff you and throw you in the back of the car.

Just seems like you are trying to say doing drugs is ok...

My look is that if you bring this stuff to school, or work, you deserve to get caught. I have nothing against doing it on your own time, just be smart about it, and don't let it have a bad effect on me.

At my school they took pleasure in lying to and cheating the students here's a few examples:
they did 2 or 3 of these drug raids, they even searched all the cars. And afterwards they sent a letter to the homes telling the parents that they would start doing the drug searches the following month. My parents showed me the letter and I just started laughing, and told them the deal. When my parents called the principal and confronted him he denied it, and told them that I was lying. I collected 2-3 hundred signatures (3 of which were the actual police officers involved in the search, along with lots of teachers) and photocopied them. It turns out that I only needed 2 photocopies. I threw one on the principals desk, and told him that the next would go to the local paper along with a letter explaining all of the SH*T the schools lied about, and walked out. To make matters worse I was on the student council at the time(so I had some nice info!!!) When I got home that day my parents played a phone message from the principal, needless to say, my family went out to a nice dinner, on his tab!!

I was always questioned and harassed (by school officials), but after many random ua's and finding nothing they just gave up. I found the best way to let it slide was to make fun of these situations; I would flush the toilets, so I could get out of class for another 2 hours, etc... but the best time is when I gave them a semen sample instead of urine! man were they pissed!

I don't see anything the cops did as wrong. Maybe if they hadn't been hard assed about it, there would be a few smartasses standing up to them, acting a f'ing fool. There's always a few in the crowd trying to make a point.

Drugs, Tobacco, Alcohol, weapons, etc on school grounds = ILLEGAL.

You bring it on campus, you deserve to have it confiscated, and be prosecuted to the letter of the law, and get maximum penatlies for POSSIBLY corrupting other youths.

DOing that kind of stupid shit at school is like cussing out a preacher at church. Just idiotic to even think about.

Wait til you get home. NO ONE is that much of an addict, or you deserve to get caught, and either put into a rehab facility, or you shouldn't be in school at all, but wasting your life in a dead end McJob.

[steps off the soapbox]

Originally posted by Iron 1@Nov 18 2003, 03:09 AM
but the best time is when I gave them a semen sample instead of urine! man were they pissed!

lmmfao! you tard

Originally posted by Blanco+Nov 18 2003, 06:34 AM-->
@Nov 18 2003, 05:53 AM
I don't see anything the cops did as wrong. Maybe if they hadn't been hard assed about it, there would be a few smartasses standing up to them, acting a f'ing fool. There's always a few in the crowd trying to make a point.

Drugs, Tobacco, Alcohol, weapons, etc on school grounds = ILLEGAL.

You bring it on campus, you deserve to have it confiscated, and be prosecuted to the letter of the law, and get maximum penatlies for POSSIBLY corrupting other youths.

DOing that kind of stupid shit at school is like cussing out a preacher at church. Just idiotic to even think about.

Wait til you get home. NO ONE is that much of an addict, or you deserve to get caught, and either put into a rehab facility, or you shouldn't be in school at all, but wasting your life in a dead end McJob.

[steps off the soapbox]

Just one question. Have you ever looked down the barrel of a gun? Regardless of who's on the other end, it's rather unnerving. For the rest, I agree 100%.

I have been at the end of a barrel with a criminal trying to steal my car, and SEVERAL times at gunpoint with an official of the law at the other end of the gun.

I was unnerved and cowed by it, just like what the cops wanted from the kids in the high school. There's a "hero" in every group, and the last things the cops needed were a few kids to rile something up, and have someone get hurt. May as well put up a show of force to get them in the right mood from the getgo. As Mr. Bush put it, "Shock and Awe".

No matter how stupid, free speech is protected under the law, drug use is not.

I would honestly suggest looking up your local laws. I have to admit that I was quite fooled on the First Amendment also. I was at the local unemployment office awhile back and while waiting I decided to read some of the TN statutes. There are plenty of "riders" to the first amendment on freedom of speech, religion and the right to assemble. I was shocked to find out that about 2 miles from my house in the Smokey Mountains, there's a rest stop that clearly has a sign stating "This land is now property of the United Nations - laws regarding the First Amendment shall be practiced only with proper licenses" There has always been laws regarding the proper use of First Amendment rights and I guess there always will be lol.
As far as the police "invasion" goes, I've seen the tape and have to admit that I wasn't that shocked. I guess I would have to fully study the school's background (fights, drugs, violence, etc.) before giving my opinion on the officer's tactics.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 17 2003, 10:59 PM
With this, I'm not posting in here again....

I know I said that. but I just gotta say, some really excellent points have been made...it's hard to not disagree with anything anyone here has said...I just still don't like cops. :ph34r:

Back