Political:Muslims: Hate in schools ? Nooo .. silly.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There's murder and rape in the Bible... I don't see anyone clamoring to pull that "nonsense".

There's murder and rape in the Bible... I don't see anyone clamoring to pull that "nonsense".

we also don't use it in schools

this is like using Hitler's book and saying it has an upside

the bible also does not refur to Muslims and Jews as Pigs nor Apes

Someone Warn Cel for saying that muslims are racist :rolleyes:

Yes, please do, I'm begging for a warning.

I am SOOOOO racist

we also don't use it in schools

this is like using Hitler's book and saying it has an upside

the bible also does not refur to Muslims and Jews as Pigs nor Apes

Someone Warn Cel for saying that muslims are racist :rolleyes:

They are used in private schools.

My point is that even though certain parts are rather questionable, the rest of the text probably has some positive use. Just like the Bible. Murder, rape, plagues, etc... but the stories are decent.

I would like you to quote for me, from the bible, passages of Rape. And make them good like "No one listeneth to Abraham so he raped a bunch of 9 year old girls" (And I'll rebut with the Koran passage where Mohammed did just that)

The stories of death in the Bible happened because of people behaving not in an un-christian way, but in an immoral way. The raping, pillaging and plagues happened to people or areas that not only didn't follow Christ, but were Sodomist (Sodom?) and Canaan.

"When the Lord delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the males .... As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves."

What's your definition of "plundering" women and children?

So, explain to me... for what purposes would you "plunder" a woman?

And lets not paraphrase Deuteronomy 20 for your little purposes. Look at the versus before and after that verse

20:1 When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, [and] a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

20:2 And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people,

20:3 And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;

20:4 For the LORD your God [is] he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

20:5 And the officers shall speak unto the people, saying, What man [is there] that hath built a new house, and hath not dedicated it? let him go and return to his house, lest he die in the battle, and another man dedicate it.

20:6 And what man [is he] that hath planted a vineyard, and hath not [yet] eaten of it? let him [also] go and return unto his house, lest he die in the battle, and another man eat of it.

20:7 And what man [is there] that hath betrothed a wife, and hath not taken her? let him go and return unto his house, lest he die in the battle, and another man take her.

20:8 And the officers shall speak further unto the people, and they shall say, What man [is there that is] fearful and fainthearted? let him go and return unto his house, lest his brethren's heart faint as well as his heart.

20:9 And it shall be, when the officers have made an end of speaking unto the people, that they shall make captains of the armies to lead the people.

20:10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

20:11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, [that] all the people [that is] found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

20:12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

20:13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

20:14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, [even] all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

20:15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities [which are] very far off from thee, which [are] not of the cities of these nations.

20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee [for] an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

20:17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; [namely], the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:

20:18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.

20:19 When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field [is] man's [life]) to employ [them] in the siege:

20:20 Only the trees which thou knowest that they [be] not trees for meat, thou shalt destroy and cut them down; and thou shalt build bulwarks against the city that maketh war with thee, until it be subdued.

Eat it

Here is a King James explanation of it, I'll read it along with you:

20:10-12 The Israelites are here directed about the nations on whom they made war. Let this show God's grace in dealing with sinners. He proclaims peace, and beseeches them to be reconciled. Let it also show us our duty in dealing with our brethren. Whoever are for war, we must be for peace. Of the cities given to Israel, none of their inhabitants must be left. Since it could not be expected that they should be cured of their idolatry, they would hurt Israel. These regulations are not the rules of our conduct, but Christ's law of love. The horrors of war must fill the feeling heart with anguish upon every recollection; and are proofs of the wickedness of man, the power of Satan, and the just vengeance of God, who thus scourges a guilty world. But how dreadful their case who are engaged in unequal conflict with their Maker, who will not submit to render him the easy tribute of worship and praise! Certain ruin awaits them. Let neither the number nor the power of the enemies of our souls dismay us; nor let even our own weakness cause us to tremble or to faint. The Lord will save us; but in this war let none engage whose hearts are fond of the world, or afraid of the cross and the conflict. Care is here taken that in besieging cities the fruit-trees should not be destroyed. God is a better friend to man than he is to himself; and God's law consults our interests and comforts; while our own appetites and passions, which we indulge, are enemies to our welfare. Many of the Divine precepts restrain us from destroying that which is for our life and food. The Jews understand this as forbidding all wilful waste upon any account whatsoever. Every creature of God is good; as nothing is to be refused, so nothing is to be abused. We may live to want what we carelessly waste.

Eat what? The bolded parts basically when the LORD helps you take a city, kill all the men but the women, children, and everything else is yours. The line "shalt thou take unto thyself" speaks more than the rest.

What I find funny is your rabid defense. Never did I say that the bible *condoned* rape (though murder is obviously, through your own bolded passages, is), I merely stated that it was in there.

So, unto thyself. Eat upon those spoils.

Lol ever read the Bible?

Yeah murder & rape are in there -> They are condemmed as 'sin'.

Sabz you raise good points, but your throw an insane amount of left wing spin on some things. ;)

Lol ever read the Bible?

Yeah murder & rape are in there -> They are condemmed as 'sin'.

Sabz you raise good points, but your throw an insane amount of left wing spin on some things. ;)

I repeat, post exactly where I said the bible CONDONES rape. Murder *IS* condoned, but only when in the name of the LORD.

I simply said they were in there. You right wingers took that as a straight out attack and went into defense mode, just like Pavlov's dog when the bell is rung.

Rabid ? I think the Mirror has two faces there pal.

I'm not the one with the "Muslims: hate in schools" topic to a thread. Nor am I the one that spewed fire when something questionable about your preferred religion is brought up.

Oh yes, I can be rabid as hell. However I'm not the one currently foaming at the mouth.

Why do you think I'm catholic or christian or whatever ? I'm an atheist.

The only reason I responded to your brainless response is that the subject of this thread...

"Muslim schools use books that claim christians are pigs and jews are apes"

Was somehow met up by your "Well Christian schools do it too" thing.

And no, no - no christian school teaches with text books that say Jews and Muslims are not human, they are actually pigs and apes

None.

Back