Political:Muslims: Hate in schools ? Nooo .. silly.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You have missed the point that God may use whatever he wants to enact his judgement on the evil in the world.

So...

According to the bad guys, Allah has decreed that his judgment (killing us, the infidels) must be enacted upon the evil world (once again, us).

In this case, He uses His chosen people.

And apparently this Allah character is using crazy people and planes.

Sabz < reading the Bible.

You spewing (and misinterpreting) random quotes from the Bible w/out reading the whole thing is like trying to put together a house with only the blue prints for the kitchen

You assume I have never read the bible. Well, I have read most of it. Your problem arises with putting your religion (Christianity) above others. Our god can decree judgment and use His people to bring about said judgment, however when another group says almost the EXACT same thing, it's terrorism.

How's that work again?

Christ never taught to kill. He spoke out against revenge "turn the other cheek" to say that Christians subscribe to the same philosophy as Radical Muslims is blatantly ignorant.

You're taking Old Testament law mixed with American Foreign Policy and calling it Christianity.

Christ never taught to kill. He spoke out against revenge "turn the other cheek" to say that Christians subscribe to the same philosophy as Radical Muslims is blatantly ignorant.

Christ =! God.

Muslims kill because apparently their god decrees it. Isn't that why many Christians killed? Because their god decreed it? We go back to the "God may use whatever he wants to enact his judgement on the evil in the world" line.

It's all religious killing. It's all wrong.

The difference is that these murdering "Christians" you refer to have taken Christs teaching out of context and are being hypocritical.
The Muslims however are following Mohammed's teaching to the letter of the law.

The difference is that these murdering "Christians" you refer to have taken Christs teaching out of context and are being hypocritical.
The Muslims however are following Mohammed's teaching to the letter of the law.

And that is VERY incorrect. Both religions teach peace. However the vocal minority of the Muslim people do not. Just as the vocal minority of Christians do not.

As I say, time and time again, the minority speaks for the majority. Unfortunately.

Could you post a quote from the Koran/Qu'ran (sp?) where Muhammed encourages peace to fellow humans and those of other religions?

I am not going to argue that these books are hateful, what I will say is that one should really look at the source. The King Fahd library in Saudi Arabia (supposedly our close ally in the war on Terror). This country gave the world Wahabis and gave the Wahabis guns and money. The Saudi government supports the group that Celerity takes to represent all Muslims. The Taliban, al-Qaeda (al-Qaeda in Iraq as well), the groups doing the killing in Darfur, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. All of these are Wahabi groups, all with the support of Saudi Arabia.

My point here is don't label all Muslims using this group, it is equivalent to labeling all Christians using the KKK.

Also, using the nasty things in the Bible is not a valid argument against this. One wrong does not excuse another.

Could you post a quote from the Koran/Qu'ran (sp?) where Muhammed encourages peace to fellow humans and those of other religions?
When I get home from work I will find you the verses you request.

lsvtec: Is there a good English translation of the Koran you would recommend? Also where would be a good place to get a copy (Barnes & Noble?). I'd like to study it some to educate myself.

Sure, there are several good translations (though non compare to learning Qur'anic Arabic though I don't have the time :) ). One of the best I have found is Yusuf Ali because he explains the logic he uses for a specific translation. His commentary helps me understand verses that do not translate well.

Sure he is one opinion, so what? You should read what Yusuf Islam has to say.

klyph, here is the best I can offer you right now. From the Yusuf Ali translation in the second Surah verse 62:
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

I am not sure who the Sabians are, the same Surah mentions the Magians and I don't know who they are either.

EDIT: I found them here: Quran Browser.org: Browse, Compare and Search through Quran translations of Dr. Rashad Khalifa, Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall, Maulvi Sher Ali and the Arabic Quran text Their internal search is really bad, use Google to find what you want unless you want to read entire Surahs or you know where to look :).

Last edited:
Okay, when you have something useful to add you can come back to the big-kids table.

Back