1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Political thread: Almost forgot

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Celerity, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I Wanted to make this public now. It can be open for discussion, but I remain convinced that this thread will be locked before night fall.

Anyway, The Democratic congress has finished up their "100 hours", and oil prices are now at or around $50 a barrel.

My prediction is that it will stay low. My prediction is also that Dems will continuously state "When we took power, oil stayed down because of it"

So to recap: Oil prices going up = bush's fault (sarc)
    You all know my beliefs of how and why oil goes up. Now, we'll see. Oil fell in the Republican congress. IF in 2 years they say "we brought it down", it is a lie. They were given it. I am using this thread as an opportunity to put this in writing now.

Gas is going to up though, with oil down, since the new congress has approved efforts to raise taxes for "big oil". This tax increase will come only in the form of higher at-the-pump prices. I haven't prepared the usual Celerity Think Tank papers on this, so it's just conjecture at this point. Before I can make the official Celerity stance I'll need some movement in the market under the new Liberal congress.

-> Steve

2. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Do you have any links to previous posts on while oil prices increase? I can search for them but if you have them handy that would save my lazy ass alot of time.

3. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

I think all political threads should be required to cite sources.

4. Celerity

No, I don't have any links here nor at home. But the simple run-down is that there are about 37,000,000 people in this country that always scream "Bush's fault"

If you search for my OLD political threads (Like 2004) you'll not only find Celerity posts that are un-opinioated, non-partisan and mostly a bunch of crap, but you'll see my predictions for oil prices and alternative fuel pep-talks. There I Stated that if we vote in Bush, we would make our problems long and drawn out, and if we voted in Kerry we would be in a LOT of pain, but for a shorter duration. I was right on this, mostly. After I made that post I started to learn more and more about the way of Oil and discovery.

Partisanship has no effect on oil price. It has effect on Gas price (Price-at-the-pumps), which is what we all think of Oil in terms of. Oil, however, is only small percentage gasoline. The real affect is that all things in plastic and artifical techs are made of petro-products. The warmer NE Winter has WAY more affect on these prices than any partisan rule ever could.

This exact thread here, is an effort to fight the "Bush Did It" sentiment that is 99% of Hondaswap stewardship.

5. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

he is right, the only way to lower prices at the pump is to significantly reduce demand. If you raise taxes on oil companies they will just forward the bill to us and we'll pay it cause we're their bitch.

The end result is within the first 100 hours of power the Dems have raised our cost of living and will probably blame that on the GOP during the 2008 election

6. Celerity

.. and that is the point of this thread. They inherited the good news of lower OIL prices. The higher GAS prices will be blamed on Bush. But now is the time to set the record straight.

If anyone can tell me, using real thought and not "I hate bush" type of rhetoric, how republicans are to blame for higher prices at the pump right now or in the future, let this thread be your voice. I'll adjust tags as you need.

7. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

This whole strech of time will be rembered as a time of finger pointing and shoulda/coulda/woulda's. But that is true, if you tax "Big Oil" they are going to pass the buck but that is to be expected. All companies big and small have to pass there costs onto the consumer.

8. Celerity

I would like someone else to tell the group who increased these taxes

I'll also let Pelosi explain it to the class:

"We have begun to set America on the path toward energy independence, by rolling back multi-billion dollar subsidies for Big Oil and investing in alternative resources."

This of course is a load of shit. She has taken "we're going to charge them more" and said "We're not going to charge them any less" in an effort of pulling the wool over (our) eyes.

Also, in Pelosi's speech today, she mentioned the Bible and quoted the Bible no less than 3 times.
    "For our future to be strong, all of our communities must be strong. It says in the Bible, 'When there is injustice in the world, the poorest people, those with the least power, are injured the most.'

That was certainly true for the people of Hurricane Katrina. Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster, compounded by a man-made disaster. It is now 18 months past time to get our response right."
    "As it says in the Old Testament, 'To minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us.' "
    "Working with the global, religious, business, and scientific communities, we intend to continue robust research on global warming and produce policies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions while simultaneously creating good-paying jobs."

She's gone beyond pandering with this one.

To preserve our planet, God's creation, we must make a serious commitment to combat global warming.

9. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

[​IMG]

10. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Of course Republicans aren't to blame, they went to war (sorry, 'conflict') and sacrificed thousands of their lives to secure our oil interests. Yay for republicans, they'll stop china from getting middle eastern oil if it kills us all!

11. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

This, from the same guy who blamed Clinton when he didn't do his 99's properly?!?!

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

gas prices are up because bush (nor any pres since the cold war) won't deal with commy nations for 50-year old political agenda's.

I cite Venezuela offering us fuel oil at reduced cost around 5 months ago.

13. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

Edited out: Damnit, remember your fsckin quotes!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  14. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

aww two posts from sabz and yet to make a logical responce

15. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

before you can even think about pointing blame/fault or credit for the way the gas prices go you should consider who constructed the country's energy policy and who went to court to keep those meetings 100% secret, not even telling who was in the room when the policy was constructed...

16. Celerity

Don't drink the kool-aid yet man :)

You're now quoting conspiracy theory.

17. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

heh, that was on last night :p

FRANK! DID YOU KILL MY DAD!?!?!?!?!

18. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

in a way you almost can't blame liberal America for their logic path. It's a problem that starts with there leadership on capitol hill & works it's way down through the widely liberal media. By the time it hits ground level it's spinning so hard there's nothing to grab onto. The reality is it was only spin to begin with

Bush inherits failing economy made worse by 9/11

media says Bush squandered Clinton's progress

people believe

conversely the economy then recovers stronger then it was (higher DJIA, lower unemployment) in the Clinton era

headline reads "Economy recovering, but many Americans still suffering"

Personal reality is nothing more then what you accept around you, America is spoon fed, and the left wing is holding the spoon. The sad truth is Americans are either too busy, or to fed up with their government in general, to do their homework before forming their opinions.

the REAL Democratic strategy (in my estimation) is to loose in Iraq so the failure can be used against the GOP in the 2008 election. Why else would the Dems call for an increase in troops for 2 years before the President agreed to do it, and then immediately criticized him on it?

19. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

And Silverchild fails to pay attention as always :)

20. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

War was never declared by Congress. We are NOT at war. It is a private profiteering scam funded by your tax dollars. Let's not kid ourselves.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted