1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Politicians using Myspace to get the younger vote

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Jul 6, 2006.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Today I received a friend request on Myspace from a local politician running for Senate in the fall. It's great to see that that candidates are taking heed to the "younger vote" as 95% of myspace users are probably under 30 years old. What do you guys think about this type of marketing for politics?

2. TrailerParkPimpsDad

TrailerParkPimpsDad Happy?

I think it's a good idea for a local politician, the Mayor of New haven did that when he was running a few years ago, now they have some 'counsel' of young people who work with him to keep in touch with the youth.

The guys still an ass though, but hey I guess in some peoples eyes having downtown closed all summer is a good idea.

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i think its a good idea...i dont check my myspace regularly, but if i get a friend request i always check it out unless its some chick i dont know lookin slutty in a bikini.

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

it's a good idea if they really want those people to vote and be active. if all they are doing is trying to maneuver into the polls by taking advantage, i think it's shady. I always have trouble trusting the integrity of politicians. if the people on myspace read about the views of the politician and get educated its a great thing.

5. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Are these republican or democrat?

6. Havok

Havok Senior Member

WTF does it matter?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted