Politicians using Myspace to get the younger vote

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Today I received a friend request on Myspace from a local politician running for Senate in the fall. It's great to see that that candidates are taking heed to the "younger vote" as 95% of myspace users are probably under 30 years old. What do you guys think about this type of marketing for politics?

I think it's a good idea for a local politician, the Mayor of New haven did that when he was running a few years ago, now they have some 'counsel' of young people who work with him to keep in touch with the youth.

The guys still an ass though, but hey I guess in some peoples eyes having downtown closed all summer is a good idea.

i think its a good idea...i dont check my myspace regularly, but if i get a friend request i always check it out unless its some chick i dont know lookin slutty in a bikini.

it's a good idea if they really want those people to vote and be active. if all they are doing is trying to maneuver into the polls by taking advantage, i think it's shady. I always have trouble trusting the integrity of politicians. if the people on myspace read about the views of the politician and get educated its a great thing.

Back