Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Type R replica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hytech relica

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Leave it stock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
Its finally time to get a header for my car. I've been pondering on which direction to go... Kamikaze headers are supposed to work great for supercharged applications. Unfortunately the quality pretty piss poor. I'm also thing about a type r replica. I just don't know if it will be enough to flow 250whp.

Finally there's the Hytech replica which has been gaining popularity. I know they are famous for N/A applications, but wouldn't they also be the best for a setup like mine where there's a lot more airflow than stock? I've heard that the long tube design is bad because with FI you want the shortest primaries as possible.

Discuss

I went ahead and bought the Kamikaze. I found an Edyne article where they compared the kami vs the hytech on an s/c b16 and apparently it made more power with the short runners on the kamikaze. They said the short runners help get exhaust gases out as quickly as possible.

From ENDYN:

We've been fabricating headers for use in our in-house development programs for 35 years. When we seriously began looking for power from supercharged Honda engines, one thing became apparent early on....as power increased, the more the engines "wanted" a header other than the conventional Tri-Y configurations.

We began exploring large tube secondary sections on the Tri-Y headers and the use of 2" diameter secondary tubes did "help" power. Four into one headers weren't as good, as the Tri-Y configurations, unless the primary tube diameters were "excessive" in size.

We began to shorten one of our four into one configurations and we began seeing huge power increases as the primary tubes grew shorter and shorter. We ended up with a dyno header that had 4 individual primary tubes of 1 3/4" diameter and 10" to 12" in length, merging into a front mounted collector with a 2 1/2" diameter secondary / collector. This configuration proved to be more than 20 HP stronger than any conventionally available header we ever tested on our relatively high boost engines.

We were shocked to see a picture of a header, which looked "similar" in an add for Kamikaze Headers some years later. Our curiosity forced us to order one immediately for testing.

Subsequent dyno and drag strip testing confirmed that it as "good". Not as good as our own development headers, but close enough, especially at the price.

After testing for a year, we called the good people at Kamikaze and requested a few changes, including a full 2 1/2" collector that maintains that diameter at the exit and they have been accommodating enough to build them specifically to our order for our customers.

Kamikaze%201.jpg

I can say that for blown Honda applications, of 7 psi and above, there's not any other header on the market that makes as much power. We use them personally and they go on all the engines equipped with our blower systems.

* Many people are under the impression that the primary tubes on Kamikaze headers are too "large" in diameter to make good torque. Most aren't aware that the tubing used in the headers' construction is 14 ga. rather than the thinner 16 ga. used by most other manufacturers. The increased tubing wall thickness causes the external size to be larger than what the eye is used to seeing. Don't be confused...the engine only "sees" the inside diameter.

Kamikaze%202.jpg

Kamikaze

The Most Powerful Production Header For Supercharged Hondas

Ceramic Coated full 2.5", for pricing email staff@theoldone.com

Back