Poll

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

B16a2 engine with spoon header AEM intake and skunk2 intakemanifold.
what kinda cams should i look into buying. And what stage of cam, this is for street use. Its in a 94 HB.

What do you want out of these cams? How much do you want to spend? Are you willing to upgreade your valvetrain?

id go 4 stage 2 crowers. Buy the full kit, 900 bucks canadian here, so thats like 500 USD. Cheap, and good bang for buck.

$2000 will buy you Skunk2 Stage 2 cams and the full Skunk2 Valvetrain.

There is a sticky in this forum all about cams, you should read it.

Yeah, cam guide at the top of this forum, I think the best thing you could do for 2k is swap out that bottom end.....

Milan

What's wrong with a B16A bottom end? Skunk2 Stage 2's will be good for you, along with the Skunk2 valves, valve springs, and retainers. Toda would also be a good investment.

If he wants to keep the bottom end, fine, I personally would ditch a b16 bottom in favor of a b18 bottom anyday. More power more tq,

Milan

yeah i agree. that would be the best bang for buck. i would go for a gsr block to not have to deal with that hole drilling stuff though.

You can pick up a GSR bottomend online for the price of that spoon header and have money left over. I have seen them for 500-700 bucks, i doubt you will gain as much from the header. Smart people invest in bang for the buck, IMHO. why spend 2k on 20hp if you can get it with 500 bucks.

Milan

Back