POLL

which setup should i run?

• intrument gauge bezel style.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • oth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HellBentHONDA

heres the popular pillar style
s40840fe70ea7e.jpg

heres the gauge bezel style
s4084114b0272c.jpg

so what do you think? if you know of any other that are nice please post :)

Neither, I think you should go with a DIN-sized panel with three gauges in it. Defi makes a kickass setup for a DIN gauge cluster with boost, oil pressure, and EGT and they look awesome at night.

i like the pillar set up not the bezel and i got some gauges that i had in my car for a month almost and i took them out they are real nice so the price is high and they were kinda hard to sell mayb you know which ones im tlkn about the autometer C2 gauges that light up real nice blue at night and its the top of the line as far as autometer and some other brands. i got air/fuel ratio, oil preasure and water temp i dont know if you need any of them here are th epics and the prices you can take 10 dollars more off the price i posted under th pics

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287146057

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 19 2004, 07:17 PM
Neither, I think you should go with a DIN-sized panel with three gauges in it. Defi makes a kickass setup for a DIN gauge cluster with boost, oil pressure, and EGT and they look awesome at night.

I agree. Get something you can see easily and still cover up when you park. I'd throw then in a DIN slot and make a custom cover than you can place on top. If that's not an option for you, go with the gauge cluster spot. At least that looks semi-stock. You don't want to announce to all the thieves and cops that you're running something extra under the hood.

theres not much space for a DIN in the 5g hatch though. it'd have to hang just below the dash or something. i dont know where else it could go.

chris where would you put a DIN in your hatch?

edit: DAMN i just checked the defi prices... uhh.. they do look nice tho :D

I have both the triple pillar and the instrument bezel for a/f ratio, boost, water temp, egt and volts.

depends on what kind of set up you're going to be running I guess. I mean you don't need all the ones I have if you're going turbo I just have them cause I've had the volts and water temp lying around. I had the instrument bezel for $20 and I got the triple pillar for free so I used both.

welp i was going to get one but they dont have a pic of my car so going to have to make one i guess. and thaks for the links!

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Apr 19 2004, 08:52 PM
What is a din? Can someone show me a picture?

din is simply a word used to describe the size of automotive things. most automotive cdplayers are single din sized, some cars come with double din decks, many companies advertise this way sice its an easy way to relate to your car.

companies like Greddy use 1/4 din size for stuff like profec b or their turbo timer, where you could put 4 of them in the space where your deck originally was.

Hellbent:

Invest in the JDM optional center console. It's 120 dollars and is SUCH an improvement over the 007 cupholders in front of the shifter. Plus, it has a double DIN sized place to put your gauges and your weed... I mean EQ. :ph34r:

Yes sir, just like that. :thumbsup: those things are shweet. If i had an extra 120 bucks I'd get one just because I hate the ghey telescoping cup holders.

If it's something you need to constantly monitor, than put it in the bezel, if it's something you don't have to stare at while driving, Get a console and put them in the DIN. The pillar is a road sign to thievryville.

Back